Quantcast

The Day after New Years Day ride Pics

splat

Nam I am
SO after a Niice day yesterday and a Lot of Snow Melting , we decided to do an off road ride today. it was me, CP, IF_rider and Berkshire_rider there was a lot more snow that we expected and it mad for some tough riding. but it was almost worse when we hit some tracks from some one riding yesterday , be cause they froze solid and made for some tricky riding.. I guess it is time to Put the studded tires on. IF_rider was using them , and I had my Front tire on But CP and steve had niether .

and way here is CP sluggin it up a hill and this area was nice because the snow cover was a lot less.

CP taking a New line down a rock Face, with a little huck at the bottom.

IF_rider same rock , but Picture taken from different angle

Berkshire_rider rolling down the firewall

CP crossing a creek. about 2 weeks ago on a night ride I Endo'd into this creek

CP droppinga small rock onto some fresh snow.

IF_rider checking out a tree ride.

IF_rider on the tree. I pressed teh shutter just a second 2 early before he side hopped off the tree.

he didn't want to do it again for the camera.

and finally when we got back , Steve was having some fun jumping snow banks .

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Hey Splat
I've finally made it over to the ridemonkey forum. Since you mentioned you cross post your pics from the NEMBA forum.

Great 'Nam ride, thanks for the call/invite - it was a perfect way to end my holiday vacation. (insert thumbs up here).

Hey Steve, It was great to finally meet you!

To answer the tire question, I have a MutanoRaptor 2.4 up front, and a MotoRaptor 2.4 on the Back. Works great for me.

CP

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
C.P. said:
Hey Splat
I've finally made it over to the ridemonkey forum. Since you mentioned you cross post your pics from the NEMBA forum.

Great 'Nam ride, thanks for the call/invite - it was a perfect way to end my holiday vacation. (insert thumbs up here).

Hey Steve, It was great to finally meet you!

To answer the tire question, I have a MutanoRaptor 2.4 up front, and a MotoRaptor 2.4 on the Back. Works great for me.

CP
Welcome to the Monkey C.P. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
I looked at them briefly, and they weren't Weirwolves, but they did look like a WTB tire. Maybe a Moto-Raptor? :confused:
just curious, last years icycle dh was in the snow and i felt as though the weirwolves worked very well. Looks like a fun ride.

splat

Nam I am
Austin Bike said:
Endo'd in a creek on a night ride in winter? Shudder!
It was a tad chilly to say the least. but I got lucky and did not get my hands or feet wet. so they stayed warm , and as long as we kept moving ( pedaling , working ) I stayed warm but if we stopped for any length of time I started to get a chill.