Quantcast

The day after the day before the last day of November.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Single digits freedum out there.
similarly cold on the plains when accounting for elevation

I had to drop off Baby Aya at preschool one way or another and riding there (her on Mac Ride in these conditions) would have been just frigid. so I drove in for the third day in a row (first day was because across town, not cold).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Waiting outside of Haley's school right now because they aren't opening for orchestra. Apparently the district doesn't give the music teacher a badge... 10min and the teacher is standing in front of the door trying to get someone to open it. This district is stupid. Nastygram to be sent later.
I suspect a lot of folks in your district consider band/orchestra a communist plot to indoctrinate children. :disgust:

:nerd:

Coffee. Trying to get some work things squared away before baby comes, as if it's going to make a difference.
I see that you are realistic about things... :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
In 2014, flipped a large piece of tillage equipment. Threw me about 35’ in the air. Landed on my side and turned my left side to a nice cranberry jello salad. I think I broke 14 bones. Actually a really good day, because I didn’t die.
That’s a wild ride. Do you remember much of it or did you black out? With my history I’d probably be out cold as soon as I got launched.

1669824749403.jpeg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
That’s a wild ride. Do you remember much of it or did you black out? With my history I’d probably be out cold as soon as I got launched.

View attachment 185583
Nope, remember 100% of it. It is crazy how the mind works. I remember the whole deal taking 30-40 seconds, but the mechanic that was with me said I was up and on the ground in 2 seconds maybe.
And the local volunteer firefighters that though I was ok because I looked ok. And the DR at the first local shitty hospital saying “oh shit call the ambulance back”. After I got the the next orthopedic hospital I was pretty much immediately put under and I’ve got about a 24hr blank.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Nope, remember 100% of it. It is crazy how the mind works. I remember the whole deal taking 30-40 seconds, but the mechanic that was with me said I was up and on the ground in 2 seconds maybe.
And the local volunteer firefighters that though I was ok because I looked ok. And the DR at the first local shitty hospital saying “oh shit call the ambulance back”. After I got the the next orthopedic hospital I was pretty much immediately put under and I’ve got about a 24hr blank.
Yikes. Was it an extraordinary amount of pain, or one of those injuries that oddly didn’t feel as bad as it was?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'd be good with remembering less, if I'm being honest
For my big crash, I don’t remember much other than the moment I could tell I was gonna crash and waking up in the hospital. I have one blip of memory as they put me on the board, and my buddy refuses to relive the experience and tell me what he saw.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
My Dad was a volunteer firefighter/EMT for 10 years or so when I was younger, and I have a few friends that are still in emergency response. Glad I didn't go into that field.
Still scarred by the day, playing youth baseball, that our shortstop dove, landed on his arm funny, and got up with it all z-shaped. The other team quietly left while we waited for the ambulance.

That event made me 100% aware that I'm not suited for any occupation where regular, gruesome injuries are involved.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Haven't mangled myself too badly physically. But wasn't too happy this summer in the ER having the crash cart brought in and the pads put on my chest with my wife having to watch. She'd already thought I was dead once already earlier in the day when I blacked out at the wheel on the highway.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
God damn. I got through my auger incident so cleanly. I did however accept my impending death and then blacked out. My main concern before I passed out : I was about to create a giant gory mess that my coworkers were going to have to clean up.

Mild ptsd - I feel like death will come quick and when I least expect it. There isnt much I can do about it when the time comes. It doesn't stop me from working in very dangerous environments but it has forced me to limit my exposure in those environments.

---

The sky dumped a bunch of that cold white powder on the ground. My driveway is a 4x4 only adventure when that happens. So much for taking delivery of my new-to-me 500 gallon propane tank. I am not dragging a boom truck up the driveway in my f150.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
The sky dumped a bunch of that cold white powder on the ground. My driveway is a 4x4 only adventure when that happens. So much for taking delivery of my new-to-me 500 gallon propane tank. I am not dragging a boom truck up the driveway in my f150.
Length and inclination of said driveway?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
God damn. I got through my auger incident so cleanly. I did however accept my impending death and then blacked out. My main concern before I passed out : I was about to create a giant gory mess that my coworkers were going to have to clean up.

Mild ptsd - I feel like death will come quick and when I least expect it. There isnt much I can do about it when the time comes. It doesn't stop me from working in very dangerous environments but it has forced me to limit my exposure in those environments.

---

Auger incident? JFC I can only imagine

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
picked up older brothers ridgeback from daycare....almost popped my achilles keeping him from dragging me across the lot.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lost power overnight. It got cold. Dog managed to sneak into the bed and under the he covers. Better than splitting him open like a Tauntaun I suppose.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My relatively polite nastygram has now been escalated to director of facilities and director of orchestra and band for the district. I see a resolution coming shortly.