Quantcast

The day after the day before the last day of November.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wings should be a 5km minimum.
Just saw this. Well we did good then, right on the cusp. :brows:

It was actually decent conditions, just a light layer of snow on solid ground. We stopped mostly because of the wind and the temps were dropping, so everything was turning to ice. In retrospect we should have done a little more, but wings sounded so good at that point.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
he's not. :D

at this stage of a mortgage, isn't all of the interest paid? he wouldn't save any $ by paying off in a lump sum, would he?

You pay interest on whatever the balance is.

I can currently get higher returns on a CD than I would saving interest on my mortgage. Which reminds me I need to stop over paying my mortgage and dump some money into CDs.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You pay interest on whatever the balance is.

I can currently get higher returns on a CD than I would saving interest on my mortgage. Which reminds me I need to stop over paying my mortgage and dump some money into CDs.
T-Bills are paying better than CDs with shorter term.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

at this stage of a mortgage, isn't all of the interest paid? he wouldn't save any $ by paying off in a lump sum, would he?
Defacto, if that's what you're getting at. Depending on the term, you're paying largely principle only.

With low rate refi's, on a low balance/term loan, it's really about the rate and refi costs.

- If you can refi to a lower rate and your net expenses (interest + fees) are lower, do it.

- If you can refi to a lower rate with a longer term, so that your net expenses are the same, which means your monthly payments go down, do it. The caveat here being that you have the self-control to invest the difference of previous vs. new payment.

- If you cannot refi such that your net expenses are better, don't.

- If you have a low, fixed rate in a rising inflation environment environment, don't pay it off early. You have an instant hedge against inflation, in that your monthly payment will not change as the dollar becomes worth progressively less. If you can maintain income increases with inflation rates, the fixed payment becomes a progressively smaller portion of your income.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You get him a universal key?

View attachment 185615
There is before school care (BASE) so kids can get dropped as early as 630am. District policy prevents her from going through them to get into the school, as they are two different, non-district entities. An exception was made so that she can go that route. It doesn't sound like a hard solution to put together, but multiple levels of the district security structure, the school admin, BASE, and then the orchestra organization all had to approve it. We got it done in one school day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is before school care (BASE) so kids can get dropped as early as 630am. District policy prevents her from going through them to get into the school, as they are two different, non-district entities. An exception was made so that she can go that route. It doesn't sound like a hard solution to put together, but multiple levels of the district security structure, the school admin, BASE, and then the orchestra organization all had to approve it. We got it done in one school day.
good work talking to the manager there ///Karen

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ah, crap, kiddo is in the bathroom dying all of his hair pink.
I mean, whatever…but hell
So he’s not dying his hair pink at an after-hours party in Ohio where a serving tray piled with weed is being passed around the room, and a guy with dreads is rolling joints and randomly throwing them at people? It’s probably fine then.

And even if it was at that party, it’s probably fine.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So he’s not dying his hair pink at an after-hours party in Ohio where a serving tray piled with weed is being passed around the room, and a guy with dreads is rolling joints and randomly throwing them at people? It’s probably fine then.

And even if it was at that party, it’s probably fine.

That is horrible. You were in Ohio?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Absolutely true! I think it's more the fact that after that, he dressed up in a French maid's outfit with kitty ears, and posted that online.
But yeah...the teenage years.
tell him half electric blue and half bubblegum pink is a good combo for next time

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The difference was never sufficiently compelling to pay the usual refi fees - the timeframe was too short when rates were in the toilet a couple years back...

Pretty much - there would be little reason other than the smug satisfaction in paying it off at this point... :D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
After my accident, I never saw the initial X-rays but by leg/hip/pelvis were in a lot more pieces than they should have been and the bone shards made most of the stuff that the pelvis holds leak. I can only imagine what that looked like.
I just got my full ER report to send to the FAA for their eval. There are some straight up meat puppet pictures.