Quantcast

the day before the last day of november thread

Probably depends on if he directly hired the help, in which case he'd be their employer. If they set up a company that JBP is contracting, or work for a company who's services JBP is contracting then he'd be good to go.

JBP, perhaps time to consult an attorney/tax attorney, I think you could 1099 the hired help and avoid becoming their employer, though that may not work if you are their only customer, it may have some tax benefits for them as well because as an employee they can't write off as much as they can as a company owner. Alternatively, if you're paying out of pocket you could pay cash, the man doesn't need to know about your "friend" who comes over and "finds" cash on the coffee table.

Our system for caring for elderly and otherwise impaired people once they hit 18 years old in the country is, shall we say, shit.
Thanks, I'm working with an attorney. I just wish that I had discovered this shit a year and a half ago, even though I was buried in stuff to do back then.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Thanks, I'm working with an attorney. I just wish that I had discovered this shit a year and a half ago, even though I was buried in stuff to do back then.
I didn’t even think to say anything. I have quite a few in home workcomp policy’s for home hospice care. But most states have different law/regulations and I don’t know comp law for VT.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I once waited for 3 hours for a reserved rental car in Portland.
Reminds me of the time the wife and I had reservations for a rental car in Munich, made well in advance cause duh. Rolled our luggage 2 miles from the hotel to the rental car place only to find out that they had closed months earlier and there was nothing but an empty lot. :thumbsdown: