Quantcast

the day is finally upon us.......

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
flying out to australia today... freakin stoked...

sac - SF - syd - perth... total time of almost 24 hours inc. a few worthless hours waiting between flights...

takin my hardtail in stealth mode... gonna try to beat the airline bastids at their own game...

adios

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
You forgot Crocodile Dundee.
couldn t forget him if i wanted to... i d like to punch him in the face once for everytime someone in the usa has made me listen to their awesome rendition of the joke...

'thats not a knife'...

anyway, did i mention that i m going to australia.. to ride, bbq, drink beer, fish, snorkel and inhale the fresh air... win win win... triple win for the good guys... boo to paul hogan... he had style once... traded it for hollywood and botox...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
watch out, they will do a cavity seach if your walking funny:cheers:
i can t imagine thats very comfortable...

anything is possbile with those clowns... unfortunately my 2 duct taped boxes look like massive bundles of c4... so i m expecting to get questioned regarding my links to an aussie terrorist cell :banghead: :banana:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you lose... :)

there are 3 cool things from oz... sorry, make that 2 since steve irwin died... men at work and fosters beer... :busted:
uhhhmmm.....nick cave, the hard-ons, and radio birdman are what you wanted to say, right?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hmm, generally when i puddle hop i get to take my bike for free. is it just the flights to Oz where they charge you for the bike...?

i ve flown with bikes loads... 3 months ago i flew to korea and got hit... i had my SS in a trico case... i m not sure if you re familiar with them but they are pretty bulky... this time i made a couple of boxes and are within size requirements and way under the 50lb limit... actually one is under in linear inches and the other is just over, both are underweight... 2 checked pieces of baggage... the evil DOC and a few clothes... small wheely bag for the cabin with most of my clothes...

last time i flew to oz, about 4 years ago i didn t get stung... prepare for and expect the worst case senario... then that way you won t be dissapointed... hopefully i ll be fine... either way i m gonna slam down some vodka :)

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
Weird, i'm flying into Perth tomorrow night as well. Maybe i'll bump into PArts somewhere along the line.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Partsy is gonna be in for a shock when he gets back home the first time he has to buy something. Expensive as hell now. Western Australian economy grew by 14% in the year to June. Unfortunately prices have followed.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I wonder if he has accosted any sky waitresses yet?
LOL- Sacramento to Perth is about as far as you can travel in this world. Unless medicated, Partsy will be ready to kill by Sydney. And to top it off the customs nazis in Perth will be all over his bike with a magnifying glass looking for dirt.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LOL- Sacramento to Perth is about as far as you can travel in this world. Unless medicated, Partsy will be ready to kill by Sydney. And to top it off the customs nazis in Perth will be all over his bike with a magnifying glass looking for dirt.
And he was trying to stealth the bike in as well..... I'm going to be googling australian terrorist attacks for the next day or so.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
When i flew into Perth from LA last year with my V10 the bike was clean but the muddy clothes i had worn on my last ride were in the bottom of the bike box. I got through no worries.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
When i flew into Perth from LA last year with my V10 the bike was clean but the muddy clothes i had worn on my last ride were in the bottom of the bike box. I got through no worries.
It's not unheard of for foreign sporting teams/players to get "extra" attention at customs in Australia. They're usually thorough but they can go the extra yard for the "team". Australia is the only place I've been to where they X-ray your bags when you enter the country.:bonk: