Quantcast

The Death of the SUV; RIP

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I like how they "began" in the 1990's too... totally ignoring the Broncos, Scouts, Wagoneers, Cherokees, Blazers, RamChargers, etc. etc. etc. in the 60s and 70s.
I love my 1979 Scout II!! She is a family car, originally purchased by my hubby's grandma in 1979 and driven until she died at the age of 92. It has the original plaid upholstery, is an awesome rust brown color, and has the removable hard top. The entire family shares responsibility and ownership of her. She spends most of her time in our garage, but makes summer appearances, especially to go camping ect. Way cooler than a neon yellow H2 that looks like a Walkman.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hopefully I'll get some good money for my 04 WRX wagon. My problem is instead of cleaning it up so I can sell it I keep hauling dirty bikes and smelly dogs in it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
gasoline will be back to mid $2's/gal by winter...
Or not.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Energy Department says motorists can expect gasoline prices to remain close to $4 a gallon through next year. Oil prices should remain well above $100 a barrel through 2009, says Guy Caruso, head of the department's Energy Information Administration.

Caruso told a House hearing in Washington on Wednesday that crude oil prices are likely to average $126 a barrel next year, $4 higher than this year. He said gasoline prices are expected to peak at $4.15 a gallon in August, but won't go down much. The agency projects gasoline averaging $3.92 a gallon through 2009.

Caruso said that oil prices are likely to stay high far into the future. He projected oil costing $107 a barrel in 2015.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome. Leave it to GM to respond to high gas prices with a marketing campaign. I saw an ad at lunch that was bragging about getting 24MPG.
:banghead:

Meanwhile their competition is probably looking at making cars more efficient.
The the Honda Pilot "Yeah, but can it crush cars?". Honda promoting 24mpg on the freeway, that's awesome.