Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
regardless of where you stand politically, I couldn't stand the arrogance displayed by biden and his laughing and rolling of the eyes all night. Show some respect. Even if you think your opponent isn't making much sense.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
regardless of where you stand politically, I couldn't stand the arrogance displayed by biden and his laughing and rolling of the eyes all night. Show some respect. Even if you think your opponent isn't making much sense.
so what you're saying is its OK to treat blatant stupidity as an equally respected peer?

pretty sure that's one of the reasons our country is in the mess its in.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
They both tell lies...all politicians do. Biden acted like an ass.
Bitches, please. Biden was way more composed and respectful than any Republican pinhead has ever acted towards President Blacky McIslam. Someone looked me in the eye and lied to my face like that in front of god and everyone, they'd be getting a punch in the dick.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
right, because everything biden was saying was truthful and in full disclosure as well? He was laughing at attacks on a us embassy.

I don't care where you stand politically, dem or repub, his behavior was out of line, he should hold his composure and debate the facts or mis-facts at hand with respect to our country, I don't care if he respects the man he is debating.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
They both tell lies...all politicians do.
You sound like my mother...

my mother in a hypothetical conversation said:
Oh, you just brought up the fact that a Republican politician in WI said that "some girls rape easy"? Well, look, they're ALL bad, they ALL lie, they ALL just say whatever is necessary to get elected, and they ALL are misquoted. Didn't Obama say that he smoked crack?
It's why we don't talk about politics anymore.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I don't care where you stand politically, dem or repub, his behavior was out of line, he should hold his composure and debate the facts or mis-facts at hand with respect to our country, I don't care if he respects the man he is debating.
I respectfully disagree. The Republican party, especially in the last four years, has become so removed from reality, so willing to spread and in fact, foster, complete lies, mis-representations, and falsehoods so outrageous that the only appropriate response is to point out how ridiculous they have become.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
By the way, anyone equating the lies on each side is obviously not paying attention.
It drives me crazy that these fact checking organizations try to find balance where there is none. Biden was accurate in his heaven and earth comment. Romney said that and the larger context does not change the meaning of that statement.

Rounding up is not the same as telling a flat out lie that has been discredited multiple times. Ryan lied his ass off throughout the debate. Romney's serial lying disqualifies him from holding the office in my opinion.

As for the laughing, I got a kick out of it. Ryan deserved to be mocked. I not only want to have a beer with Biden, I'd like to pull a few bong rips with him too.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Even still, the "fact checking" of Biden was mostly "he exaggerated" or "he used a synopsis of Romney's tax plan that filled in the blanks due to it being incomplete on Romney's website". Ryan's statements were far more likely to just be labeled "wrong".

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I respectfully disagree. The Republican party, especially in the last four years, has become so removed from reality, so willing to spread and in fact, foster, complete lies, mis-representations, and falsehoods so outrageous that the only appropriate response is to point out how ridiculous they have become.
And the dems don't do the same thing?

Open your eyes man, both sides are doing similar ridiculous things, if you can't see that you are unwilling to look at things with an open mind.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And the dems don't do the same thing?

Open your eyes man, both sides are doing similar ridiculous things, if you can't see that you are unwilling to look at things with an open mind.
but the repubs are doing it on a scale never before seen. It's like the moon is made of bullsh*t and they want to colonize it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and the dems aren't?

Good lord, open your eyes. Neither party is squeaky clean here, buy a LOOOOOOONG shot.
i'm not saying that the dems aren't full of it, but the 'pubs are on a whooooooole other level.

the only thing consistent about romney's campaign is the constant corrections and clarification statements.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
and the dems aren't?

Good lord, open your eyes. Neither party is squeaky clean here, buy a LOOOOOOONG shot.
Who ever said "squeaky clean"? Go back to the link I posted on factcheck.org. Most of Biden's "untruths" were exaggeration or context, most of Ryan's were outright lies:

The Biden-Ryan debate was marked by some spirited claims that didn’t always match the facts.

• Ryan said Obama’s proposal to let tax rates rise for high-income individuals would “tax about 53 percent of small-business income.” Wrong. Ryan is counting giant hedge funds and thousands of other multimillion-dollar enterprises as “small” businesses.
  • Biden exaggerated when he said House Republicans cut funding for embassy security by $300 million. The amount approved for fiscal year 2012 was $264 million less than requested, and covers construction and maintenance, not just security.
  • Ryan was wrong when he said a rise in the jobless rate in Biden’s hometown was “how it’s going all around America.” The rate nationally has sunk back to where it was when Obama took office. And in Ryan’s hometown, it’s more than 4 percentage points lower that it was at the start of Obama’s term.
  • Biden seemed to question Ryan’s assertion that administration officials called Syrian President Bashar Assad “a reformer” even when he was killing his own civilian countrymen. Ryan was right. Early in the bloody Syrian uprising Hillary Clinton called Assad a “different leader” who many in Congress believe is “a reformer.”
  • Ryan claimed the Obama administration spent stimulus money on “electric cars in Finland.” Not true. Although the cars have been assembled in Finland, the money went for work in the United States.
  • Biden quoted Romney as saying that he would not “move heaven and earth” to get Osama bin Laden. What Romney said was that he’d go after other terrorists as well.
  • Ryan misquoted a Medicare official as saying “one out of six hospitals and nursing homes are going to go out of business” as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Not quite. The official said that many could become “unprofitable,” and the the situation could be monitored to head off bad outcomes.
  • Ryan claimed that the ACA contains “taxpayer funding” of abortion. In fact the law provides no direct funding of abortion except in cases of rape or incest or to save the mother’s life. And it’s a matter of interpretation whether subsidized private insurance would amount to indirect federal support for abortion.
  • Ryan was off base when he said of a cost-saving panel created by the Affordable Care Act, “not one of them even has to have medical training.” Actually, the board must include physicians and other health care professionals among its members.
  • Ryan at one point ground out a collection of shopworn misstatements about the health care law that we’ve had to rebut time and again, claiming “20 million people … are projected to lose their health insurance” (not true), that premiums have gone up $3,000 (no, they haven’t) and that 7.4 million seniors “are going to lose” Medicare Advantage plans (maybe, but they’d still be covered by traditional Medicare).

And both Biden and Ryan continued to twist the facts about Romney’s tax plan. Biden again misrepresented the findings of the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, and Ryan repeated a misleading claim that “six studies have verified” that the plan is mathematically possible.
Delving into each of those shows exactly how much utter bullsh!t Ryan was trying to shovel. But hey, they'll all bad, right mom sorry, Kickstand?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
but the repubs are doing it on a scale never before seen. It's like the moon is made of bullsh*t and they want to colonize it.
Seriously. I recognize that politicians pander, stretch truths and equivilate, but to claim that the rhetoric from both sides this time around is equal proves that you're probably not paying attention.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/the-vice-presidential-debate-joe-biden-was-right-to-laugh-20121012

But he should have! He was absolutely right to be doing it. We all should be doing it. That includes all of us in the media, and not just paid obnoxious-opinion-merchants like me, but so-called "objective" news reporters as well. We should all be rolling our eyes, and scoffing and saying, "Come back when you're serious."

The load of balls that both Romney and Ryan have been pushing out there for this whole election season is simply not intellectually serious. Most of their platform isn't even a real platform, it's a fourth-rate parlor trick designed to paper over the real agenda – cutting taxes even more for super-rich dickheads like Mitt Romney, and getting everyone else to pay the bill.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
right, because everything biden was saying was truthful and in full disclosure as well? He was laughing at attacks on a us embassy.

Turn of your Fox news. Biden gave that little weasel all the respect he deserved.

Right...
So when a democrat interrupts, huffs, etc. , its being disrepectful...but when a republitard does it, he's praised for standing up for his principles. Gimme a fcuking break. Where was the republican condemnation when Joe Wilson yelled "you lie" during a State of the Union address???
Where a far higher expectation of decorum is present.

Oh right, there wasnt one.

Shut the fcuk up, you republitards, conservatives and closet conservative journalists.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Right...
So when a democrat interrupts, huffs, etc. , its being disrepectful...but when a republitard does it, he's praised for standing up for his principles. Gimme a fcuking break. Where was the republican condemnation when Joe Wilson yelled "you lie" during a State of the Union address???
Where a far higher expectation of decorum is present.

Oh right, there wasnt one.

Shut the fcuk up, you republitards, conservatives and closet conservative journalists.