Quantcast

The Decline v. American Idiot

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Anyone else think Billy Joe and Co. ripped off Fat Mike and Co.? Specifically, Homecoming and Jesus of Suburbia.

Discuss. Narlus?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm not saying they're good. Fun to listen to from time to time. But I was listening to The Decline today and thought "Wait a minute...".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you've gotta give nofx some credit. they're still rather relevant considering how long they've been around. and plus they do a lot for music, regardless of how cheesy and cliche some of it is (rock against *insert offending topic/group/person here*). not to mention the fact that they don't want people downloading music from bands on fat. considering how long they've been around you think fat mike would wise up and realize that sharing music is a excellent tool to find new bands.

on the topic of the comparison, decline is way better.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Neither of them make music that needs any analysis, really.
Fat Mike is an OK old kid, stuck to his guns despite having limited ammo and BJ's kid takes acting classes where my 12 year old daughter does (I took her to the Am Id show at SF Ballpark and they were pretty OK for Stadium Rock that passes as 'punk' these days- she was a Green Day fan last year, now more into the Rusputinas and Cello music) Thats all I got to add. Pretty milquetoast stuff on both accounts.