Quantcast

The demise of the Snoqualmie Pass lift served

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Dave_Schuldt said:
So aren't the owners of The Pass a big company that spreads $$$ all over DC? If so they should be able to do whatever no mater what the FS says.
I don't think Booth Creek has much of a lobby in congress. Seems to me like the world has more to worry about. I would really prefer to see Crystal developed over Snoqualmie. And I think the backers would too. It has more vertical, more terrain, and better scenery. Snoqualmie is simply ease of access, and after names like FS, Kostanich start getting thrown out I begin to remember vague headaches from the past.

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
Crystal may be a way better bet. They also have Forest Service issues, but at least they are developing for summer operations.

There was an article about this in the Seattle Times last fall. Go to Seattletimes.com and do a search on

Crystal Mountain: Starting gate opens for dramatic expansion

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
I agree that Crystal makes much more sense terrain wise. I live 20 minutes from the pass, but I would drive the extra distance for better terrain and scenery. I've emailed the marketing department at Crystal.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
oly said:
Step back into the AC man, your starting to freak out....

i think he was just meaning more that the areas will slowly be lost to development. Victor now is nothing like it was 5 years ago due to home development.....
I don't need no stinkin' AC...I'm actually in So Cal doing two weeks of Reserve duty at March ARB...which in itself sucks because I'm right by Big Bear and IT'S closed to DH. So leave me alone OLY!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Vno said:
I don't need no stinkin' AC...I'm actually in So Cal doing two weeks of Reserve duty at March ARB...which in itself sucks because I'm right by Big Bear and IT'S closed to DH. So leave me alone OLY!
When you back up here? Got the bug for Sawyer again...

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
oly said:
When you back up here? Got the bug for Sawyer again...
I'd like to plan a trip pretty soon. I'll see if there's any Seatac inspections to do, that way the airline picks up the tab and I get guaranteed seating. I'm cravin' some Lake Sawyer and a Capital mud fest! I'll get back with you when I return to Phoenix and schedule next months audits.