Quantcast

The down & dirty dirtbag

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Well I've been wanting one ever since I learned that local riders here in Seattle have built a company for building bikes and they look tight! I had a Norco A-line in May, then sold it and got a Giant DH Comp, but now I'm thinking the Transition DirtBAG:
http://www.transitionbikes.com/DirtBag.cfm

I'm looking for a do-it-all frame and I think this might be it. Anyone out there ridden one or have one, what's your opinion and if you have pictures, send away .

Thanks,
~WA

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Mine is pretty dope, I just busted my front forks so I am out until I get my lowers replaced. I am thinking about getting the Dangerboys which look dope, if you want to test ride one just get a hold of Kyle and he might be able to set you up with a test ride.

I pretty much do everything on that bike, its great for Whistler because it likes to jump, I am very happy with mine :)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Ice Bullit said:
Mine is pretty dope, I just busted my front forks so I am out until I get my lowers replaced. I am thinking about getting the Dangerboys which look dope, if you want to test ride one just get a hold of Kyle and he might be able to set you up with a test ride.

I pretty much do everything on that bike, its great for Whistler because it likes to jump, I am very happy with mine :)
Yeah I'm pretty damn stoked Ice money!

I just got done tinkering with it in the garage only to find out that I need a few things before I can put it together 100%. Went on over to Kevin's house, really cool guy as him and Kyle are riders who happen to build killer frames. Kevin let me test ride his personal steed and needless to say I came home with a new frame. I'm stoked, I just need to get her dialed in but she looks purty with the DB upgrade, the chrome Pig headset and my Dorado. I'll have pics after tomorrow's completion to ride to wash shot ;)

Ride on ladies and gentleman, ride on

~Smoke

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
WARider, did I meet you at Kevin's yesterday? Mine is basically ready to go. See my dirtbag thread for pics. I can't wait to take it out and see how it feels!

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
WARider said:
DB upgrade, the chrome Pig headset and my Dorado.
hey, post some pics as soon as you can, eh? I've got mine built up with an x-vert carbon, and will probably try to get a dorado for next season, but should be getting the danger boy stuff this year. Hope you like the frame.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
moondog said:
WARider, did I meet you at Kevin's yesterday? Mine is basically ready to go. See my dirtbag thread for pics. I can't wait to take it out and see how it feels!
MoonDOG what's up man,

Yeah I'm the guy you met at Kevin's. I'm stoked on the frame, it's probably the beefiest frame I've ever had and it sure feels like she's gonna be a doozy at Whistler. I still have some minor tweaking to do and a few parts I need but for now she's ready to roll. Here's a quick pic I took, I'll see if maybe I could post up once she's fresh fully clean and I score some nice daylight shots.

Attachments

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
WARider said:
MoonDOG what's up man,

Yeah I'm the guy you met at Kevin's. I'm stoked on the frame, it's probably the beefiest frame I've ever had and it sure feels like she's gonna be a doozy at Whistler. I still have some minor tweaking to do and a few parts I need but for now she's ready to roll. Here's a quick pic I took, I'll see if maybe I could post up once she's fresh fully clean and I score some nice daylight shots.
Whoa sweet build man, wish I could get the Dangerboy plates ( I will eventually) but I killed my Super Ts in a recent crash. This a week before Whistler so now I have to rent a bike up there and I dont get to ride my Dirtbag :mumble: which I am really bummed about.

I head out Wednesday and at least I get to try out some 888s on the Stabs that they are renting out up there, at least I get to ride :rolleyes:

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Ice Bullit said:
Whoa sweet build man, wish I could get the Dangerboy plates ( I will eventually) but I killed my Super Ts in a recent crash. This a week before Whistler so now I have to rent a bike up there and I dont get to ride my Dirtbag :mumble: which I am really bummed about.

I head out Wednesday and at least I get to try out some 888s on the Stabs that they are renting out up there, at least I get to ride :rolleyes:
What's up Ice Money,

Sorry to hear about the Super T's, that would suck! Just in case your looking for a new fork, my friend is having me list his brand new Slider tripple 6" for $599.99 on ebay. I'm also going to be selling a new 888r for $885 to a local or $900 to someon on ebay here in about a week. Like I said, not sure if your looking for a fork fast or not, but I thought I'd hook a brotha up, although, Kevin seems like he gets rather good deals on forks, even for the general public.

Have fun up at Whislter, here's a new shot, still going to be putting a lower chain tensioner on and some lock-on grips, but she's about complete. I like to canabolize my other bikes for the best parts to make something fun to ride :thumb:

Attachments