Quantcast

the drunk food thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what kind of crazy shit have you come up with while drunk?

last night i cooked hot dogs and rolled them up in a burrito wrap with some deli cheese, pepper jack and cheddar. then toasted again to melt cheese. kind of a ghetto pigs in a blanket.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In college I made "shot soup" for a some douche-bro at a party who bragged he would drink anything. One shot of whiskey, some corn that was sitting in the sink screen and some hair from a dead squirrel. The initial feedback was good but I understand it may have unsettled his stomach for the following week.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
what kind of crazy shit have you come up with while drunk?

last night i cooked hot dogs and rolled them up in a burrito wrap with some deli cheese, pepper jack and cheddar. then toasted again to melt cheese. kind of a ghetto pigs in a blanket.
dogs in tortillas with lots of stuff ... that's like my hotdawg go-to if not grilled.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The problem is that you can never get food quick enough when you really want it, while drunk or stoned.

This is why I always have a few frozen burritos on hand. They're easy enough to make and you can toss some salsa, cheese or whatever you have on hand.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If walking, DD or Taxi/Uber are available my favorite drunk foods are the following

Bagel Sandwiches
Deep Fried Pizza Rolls
White Castle
Chili Dogs
Taco Bell

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seattle has White Castle???

Damn.
No. but my years travelling and living in the mid-west gave me a taste for such things. Same thing with Cincinnati style chili (chili dogs) and Detroit style cony dogs.

We don't have White Castle but plenty of hipster restaurants that will sell you three sliders for $15.:rant:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No. but my years travelling and living in the mid-west gave me a taste for such things. Same thing with Cincinnati style chili (chili dogs) and Detroit style cony dogs.

We don't have White Castle but plenty of hipster restaurants that will sell you three sliders for $15.:rant:
no steam grilled meat ... no thank you.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone tried to the do the death ride; order a (large) pizza and try to ride home on your bike with it?

....also got a good physics lesson trying to ride home with a 12 pack of beer swinging from one end of the handle bars last summer. Should have got two 12 packs to equal out that pull to the left.:Alcoholic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Has anyone tried to the do the death ride; order a (large) pizza and try to ride home on your bike with it?

....also got a good physics lesson trying to ride home with a 12 pack of beer swinging from one end of the handle bars last summer. Should have got two 12 packs to equal out that pull to the left.:Alcoholic:
I once returned a keg for the $10 deposit and purchased two cases of cheap beer with said $10 all on my bike. It wasn't pretty.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Falafel guy on Longwood across from Boston Childrens Hospital. The guy serves them out of a hot dog cart. His name is Sib. Get the tabbouleh side and he will grill a pita so you can share. 3 blocks from the Longwood stop on the E trolley line. I agree with Westy on Detroit style Coneys. The only redeeming thing about Iowa is those crazy good pork sandwiches. Chopped cheese sandwiches in the Bronx and Yonkers. Smoked Meat sandwiches after smoking huge chunks of Hash in Montreal. Crispy Duck at Swatow in Toronto after smoking big chunks of Hash. Mafungo at La Farandula in Newark NJ.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Falafel guy on Longwood across from Boston Childrens Hospital. The guy serves them out of a hot dog cart. His name is Sib. Get the tabbouleh side and he will grill a pita so you can share. 3 blocks from the Longwood stop on the E trolley line. I agree with Westy on Detroit style Coneys. The only redeeming thing about Iowa is those crazy good pork sandwiches. Chopped cheese sandwiches in the Bronx and Yonkers. Smoked Meat sandwiches after smoking huge chunks of Hash in Montreal. Crispy Duck at Swatow in Toronto after smoking big chunks of Hash. Mafungo at La Farandula in Newark NJ.
Reminds me, late night Shawarma in Ottawa is about the best you can get for late night drunk food.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Beer with a heaping scoop of Ovaltine tossed in.
Burritos. Not from Taco Hell.
McDonalds cheeseburgers.

Doner kebab ftw. Went to a military ball a few years back. After the ball was over my buddy and I changed out of our monkey suits and took the wives downtown Stuttgart/Vaihingen for doner. They stayed in their prom queen get ups, and we looked like homeless dudes. Miss doner like crazy...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Beer with a heaping scoop of Ovaltine tossed in.
Burritos. Not from Taco Hell.
McDonalds cheeseburgers.

Doner kebab ftw. Went to a military ball a few years back. After the ball was over my buddy and I changed out of our monkey suits and took the wives downtown Stuttgart/Vaihingen for doner. They stayed in their prom queen get ups, and we looked like homeless dudes. Miss doner like crazy...

Aye the Donners in Britain and Germany are off the hook!
Although the drunk Curry house mission in the UK is also a thing of beauty (Prolly not for the bystanders but oh well....)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anyone ever tried a Double?

My stepdad from Trinidad always gets them and says they are one of the go-to things to eat after a night of boozing. Pretty much a fried dough and chickpea sandwich. Always get the ass blowing hot ones....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
true, but this is something, unless you live in rochester, you need to prepare for in advance.

when i make plate sauce i make a big batch and freeze it. problem is generally whether or not i have mac salad on hand.
Nick Tahous is kind of a dump. I prefer dogtown. Closer, safer, and betterer....