Quantcast

The duct tape appreciation thread.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Duct taped, stapled, and zip tied a seat back together, then duct taped and zip tied it back onto the post.:cool: Worked for quite a while.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
gaffers tape sucks as a replacement to duct tape.

it is good for holding down wires and crap so I can see why you would like it. tripping on microphone wires suck. but being a drummer, I can't see you walking around much on stage....

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by pnj
I can't see you walking around much on stage....
I've worked as a stage manager, a stage hand, a lighting tech, a power distribution tech, and I've done PA and guitar tech work for different bands. 20 years of stage time here.

I've fixed everything imaginable with gaffers tape, it puts duct tape to shame on every count, besides cost.

I've even used it to dress out bullet proof sheilding for press cameras, at the request of the Secret Service for a Clinton press conference.

Duct tape wouldn't have worked.

:rolleyes:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
whoa! you must be the only guy that plays drums that actually does anything besides sit behind a kit. :D ;)

we use gaffers tape here at work (tv station). that is my only experience with it.

has anyone seen the new clear duct tape? I saw an tv ad for it over the weekend.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
zip ties seem to be my life saver...they held a front wheel onto my bike for about a month before i even had to do anything at all.