Quantcast

"the dude" showed up at my house last night

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
anyone who has seen the big labowski should know what i am talkin about.

well apperently my dad has been a long time friend with the guy that "the dude" is based off of, and he has known me since i was but a wee tyke.
so last night he showed up at my door for dinner and stayed over night so he could catch his plane in the morning. he shared some interesting stories, and is a really cool guy.

i'm still very suprised, it was pretty cool

oh and you guys will never guess what he forgot to take with him...
his bathrobe no joke!

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
ok.... he told me one story about the gimli glide, which was a near plane crash he was on.

so he is flying to vancouver from montreal, on a new boeng 757 or something of the sort, back in 1994 and the people at the airport fill up the plane and they take off and everything is good. then they realize they filled the tank i liters not gallons, so they only have half a tank of fuel. so the pilots are already sure they cannot make it back, butare pondering making it to vancouver, after some calculations they realize that they can't. so they are planning on making a water in lake winnepeg, when finaly they get word of a small airstrip in the town of gimli(sp?) so they decide to land there. as they get closer they realize they arent going to make it so the pilots are going to attempt a glide. since the air strip is very small there is no radio tower, so they cannot make sure the strip is clear. turns out that every sunday (this happend on sunday) all the local kids go and drag on the airstrip. so the enormous 757 is gliding in for about 10 miles, but of course no one can hear the engines, because the plain is out of gas right as the plain goes in the car and motorcycle race, luckily no one died.

i will try to find pics of the landing,as he told me there should be some on the internet

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
vallEbikes said:
i think it is actualy his girlfriends robe
it is light blue
i cant remember what the one in the movie looked like

The dude fits in his girlfriend's bathrobe?