Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nailed it.

WTF is so hard to understand about this?

Pick a lift serviced hill.
Pick a bunch of DH trails.
Time a run down each one.
Lowest combined time down wins.

All you gotta do is formalize and structure what huge numbers of us do with our buddies all summer.

Fucking industry. :disgust:
we used to have a similar race here in CO at Sol Vista called the Triple Dhip. Race the rad dh trails, combined times are judged. Very popular BITD as I recall.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yeah, yeah man... Just keep tellin yourself that while making anal sex jokes.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
2019 was also the last year Sam Hill gave a fuck and won the overall without winning a Race. Courses were changed to "suit" him better the following years...
Yeah? Weirdly the running rumour was the courses were selected for the opposite effect after his third overall. More pedally etc. Not sure why they would change the courses to suit the 3 time winner more

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah, yeah man... Just keep tellin yourself that while making anal sex jokes.
I guess you're talking to me?

So I reference a sticker that says 'pedalin's for queers' that was a very real thing with a very specific context given the rather buff dudes sporting it, and you think that's an anal sex joke?

I mean I didn't grow up in a place obsessed with catholicism but you have some fun mind leaps. Maybe you should explore all the things that make your brain go directly to 'anal sex' some more.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
we used to have a similar race here in CO at Sol Vista called the Triple Dhip. Race the rad dh trails, combined times are judged. Very popular BITD as I recall.
There was also the Suckerpunch race, where each racer was given a punch card with all the names of all ten DH tracks at Sol Vista. It was a mass LeMans start at the top of the hill and then you had to ride each of those ten DH tracks. Other than everyone being required to ride the same track on lap 1 (high speed fire road kinda thing to get people spread out a bit), you could ride the tracks in any order you wanted. Somewhere on each track was a course marshal with a hole puncher… and you’d stop and get your card punched for that trail. No timing system, lift rides were included, lotta strategery on picking the order you wanted to ride the trails. First racer to present a fully punched Suckerpunch race card won.

Fuckin’ hardest and funnest race I’ve ever done. Most people were shelled at the end.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There was also the Suckerpunch race, where each racer was given a punch card with all the names of all ten DH tracks at Sol Vista. It was a mass LeMans start at the top of the hill and then you had to ride each of those ten DH tracks. Other than everyone being required to ride the same track on lap 1 (high speed fire road kinda thing to get people spread out a bit), you could ride the tracks in any order you wanted. Somewhere on each track was a course marshal with a hole puncher… and you’d stop and get your card punched for that trail. No timing system, lift rides were included, lotta strategery on picking the order you wanted to ride the trails. First racer to present a fully punched Suckerpunch race card won.

Fuckin’ hardest and funnest race I’ve ever done. Most people were shelled at the end.
what kind of dumbfucks come up with this shit?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
So I reference a sticker that says 'pedalin's for queers' that was a very real thing with a very specific context given the rather buff dudes sporting it, and you think that's an anal sex joke?
No. Dude. The saddlespur ref

Real or not. Ive never seen or heard of a sticker referencing the words YOU typed. I must remember for future reference. "I saw it on a sticker" as an absolutely fool proof way to get out of bother.
I might even make me some stickers.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
No. Dude. The saddlespur ref
Wait til you find out where a hooha is on women

Again, anal sex not a thing I mentioned.... And certainly not specific to one particular gender pair. I can't help where your mind goes. I'm making jokes about what's obviously a very dangerous product that's probably going to impale someone whether there's a hole there or not.

Ive never seen or heard of a sticker referencing the words YOU typed. I must remember for future reference. "I saw it on a sticker" as an absolutely fool proof way to get out of bother.
I might even make me some stickers.
That's because you live in the UK and this was at whistler.

Just shut up now.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

As a last resort trying to rekindle EWSDRwhatever they're back to letting people actually race.

Pretty sure the horse has already bolted, but would be great if they could salvage something out of that series.