Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
My mate who was there spectating all weekend actually said the opposite.
Oh its pretty clear he's written off the season and just wants to get back to his family. Entering the e-bike race and swapping bikes for the main kinda shows he's not that keen.

I was just stoked to see one of the big guns on the 27.5 wheels again. Gives hope for us short-legged fuckers still clinging to them.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'm still running 26" out of choice and don't have short legs.
But don't really GAF what wheelsize any Enduro racer rides. I just find bigger wheels less fun to ride.

Sounds a little like Sam maybe didn't even bring his own race bike at all (the megawatt he rode in the Eeb race was Elliot's)

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia

Ridiculous pace. Great to watch.

Also, Burke this weekend should be cool. Aside from Richie potentially destroying everyone, I'm keen to see how Hill goes at a new venue. I kinda expected him to maybe can it at the end of this year but a few new venues could fire him up.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, Sam Hill is my all-time favorite rider but he might be on the verge of retirement and becoming more involved with his family(which is the most important thing in life anyway).

Masters brothers were saying something on their IGs about Burke being flat and something something about climbs.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah, Sam Hill is my all-time favorite rider but he might be on the verge of retirement and becoming more involved with his family(which is the most important thing in life anyway).

Masters brothers were saying something on their IGs about Burke being flat and something something about climbs.
Oh yeah, I reckon Hill will probably step back soon, he's already won every type of gravity riding now. Sucks his streak got interrupted by COVID tho.

The past 2-3 years the EWS courses have become so friggen pedally the events actually don't even look fun anymore. Like understandable having to climb during liasons, but the amount of mid-stage climbing getting put in now is ridiculous.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Oh yeah, I reckon Hill will probably step back soon, he's already won every type of gravity riding now. Sucks his streak got interrupted by COVID tho.

The past 2-3 years the EWS courses have become so friggen pedally the events actually don't even look fun anymore. Like understandable having to climb during liasons, but the amount of mid-stage climbing getting put in now is ridiculous.
They should go back to it being several downhill runs in the course of one day. Leave the climbs for the liaisons. It seems to me the quality of the race coverage has also declined and I don't bother checking it anymore.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
The industry wants to show off how much faster their e-moppeds are compared to enduro bikes, so more climbing! It is a conspiracy, I tell ya! :tinfoil:

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
The industry wants to show off how much faster their e-moppeds are compared to enduro bikes, so more climbing! It is a conspiracy, I tell ya! :tinfoil:
They literally put the "power stage" in to the E-bike category just to make sure no one tried to win on a normal bike.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
family(which is the most important thing in life anyway).
funny, you only ever hear that from members of the breeding club. meanwhile, the childless keep having fun and doing what ever they please to do whenever they want to without being interrupted by little asshole people and their constant demands

keep on believing the lie! :happydance:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
1 in 5 german parents regret their parenthood according to the latest yougov study, confirming the findings of their 2016 study on the same topic. that’s a pretty high chance to fuck up your life forever.

1660474664994.png

highest in the 18-24 year old cohort with 39%, still 17% in your old as fuck cohort over 55

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
hahaha

WTF has that got to do with you?

and if you already know everything and have it all figured out why the fuck are you reading 6 years worth of research studdies on parenthood? :crazy:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
i don’t, i can just use google to quickly find facts to underline my statements

marriages are even a worse way to fuck up your life, 1 in 3 get divorced. now combine that with breeding little shits. i‘d rather not roll the dice on that :nope:

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You seem a little afraid of life for someone proclaiming to have so much childless uniinterupted freedom to have all the fun doing what ever you please whenever you want.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
funny, you only ever hear that from members of the breeding club. meanwhile, the childless keep having fun and doing what ever they please to do whenever they want to without being interrupted by little asshole people and their constant demands

keep on believing the lie! :happydance:

A lot of assumptions in that statement.
You seem to assume that by family that must include children.
Did you not consider that by Family, it could just be any / all in any possible combination of spouse/sig other, brothers / sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neices....

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Why do you hate Sam Hill's kids?

Is it because they disprove your theory by never once holding Sam back during his long and ellustrious career?
Or is it because they do actually seem to be living their lives doing what they enjoy most?

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
Why do you hate Sam Hill's kids?

Is it because they disprove your theory by never once holding Sam back during his long and ellustrious career?
Or is it because they do actually seem to be living their lives doing what they enjoy most?

are those bikes electric? if not, just shows his bad parenting skills

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
i don’t, i can just use google to quickly find facts to underline my statements

marriages are even a worse way to fuck up your life, 1 in 3 get divorced. now combine that with breeding little shits. i‘d rather not roll the dice on that :nope:
Live and let live dude... :rolleyes:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
FFS.
Stop being such a dumb fuck!
No one's promoting anything here.
The bottom line is. You have absolutely no idea how important ones own children may become until you find yourself in the position of having them.

Traditional "family" and"marriage" that you seem to hate with a venom aren't actually very high on my own scale of importance either. But the one thing I will always love, support and care for are my kids. I don't expect you to understand that.

Out if interest though. What is the single most important thing in YOUR life?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Blame the EWS and its shitty/non existant coverage even during the events.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sam way down in 60th.
Innes in 18th. Yet again skooling the entire Nukeproof Factory team on his wee Giga

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I think Innes just still GAF about racing ;)

Oh... and has no "constantly interupting demanding little asshole people"
unless you include Gordo ;)

Last edited:

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I think Innes just still GAF about racing ;)
Dude is smashing it hey. Love how his goals went from "oh I'd like to crack top 30 at one EWS this year" to "oh why not be top 10 overall for the year".

He did a podcast with Downtime earlier and is just killing it.