Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
PB hasn't started an Enduro fantasy league option yet and racing kicks off in a couple days. Rumour is they may have lost the rights with the Disco takeover but surely you couldn't police someone starting a pool on it?

Either way it sucks, the Fantasy league thing was a good way to win or lose some beers with the mates.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Its better than drinking with E-bikers though. Those guys drink no alcohol beer and claim its the same because they're still lifting a pint and bending an elbow to do it....
Best post in the history of the bicycling forum internet.

:D

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I absolutely hate the taste of all coffee.
I get most if my caffeine from Energy drinks

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
PB hasn't started an Enduro fantasy league option yet and racing kicks off in a couple days. Rumour is they may have lost the rights with the Disco takeover but surely you couldn't police someone starting a pool on it?

Either way it sucks, the Fantasy league thing was a good way to win or lose some beers with the mates.
I don't remember there being any rule changes about it but last years EWS on PB was also late and kind of a mess

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
man, if ESO (or whatever Chris Ball's organisation is called) wants to grow the sport and make it more spectator friendly, they have to start by getting the videographers to shoot something other than riders carving down flow trails and berms. it's so fucking boring to watch. I haven't been able to make it through an entire riding edit in years.

And I'm not putting the riders down, or the race format, I know how hard it is and how fit they are, but watching rider after rider hit a berm (even if it's at the bottom of a steep chute), is downright boring. I find the most interesting aspect of these enduro videos is the rider interviews, not the riding. but that's caus' I'm a mtb nerd. they're not gonna hook new people with the footage they're currently providing. imho of course.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nah. It all tastes terrible to me. Same with Whisky (and "Whiskey" whatever the fuck that is)
Because 99.9999% of coffee is terrible. Even the supposedly "good" coffee is just "less bad" coffee. Same with Whisky (and ey). There is one coffee shop I used to convince bigger coffee haters than you to drink coffee but I doubt I can convince you to travel to Paris to pay 17E for an espresso. Probably have bigger chances of convincing anyone here headset routing is a good idea.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Believe me... there are tons of Whisky and coffee "experts" here too who have tried to make me enjoy the shitty tasting drinks they like. They are simply drinks I can't stand the taste of.No big deal. It's absolutely fine for others to have different tastes. I don't like olives either. but at least Olive bores are far rarer ;)

I am intrigued though. What on earth is so special about that ONE 17euro cup of Parisian water mixed with ground coffee beans? The only way i'm going to like it is if it doesn't taste like coffee and if it doesn't actually taste like Coffee maybe we've just discovered YOU don't like coffee either.

Believe me... there are tons of Whisky and coffee "experts" here too who have tried to make me enjoy the shitty tasting drinks they like. They are simply drinks I can't stand the taste of.No big deal. It's absolutely fine for others to have different tastes. I don't like olives either. but at least Olive bores are far rarer ;)

I am intrigued though. What on earth is so special about that ONE 17euro cup of Parisian water mixed with ground coffee beans? The only way i'm going to like it is if it doesn't taste like coffee and if it doesn't actually taste like Coffee maybe we've just discovered YOU don't like coffee either.
I think that you are correct. Coffee is a learned taste.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
for me I'm pretty sure it's not the general bitterness. Just the general horrible flavour. Some coffee isn't even all that bitter. (possibly the stuff you like @norbar ?)
I've always loved the taste of raw lemons. As a little kid I spent an awful lot of time around restaurants and bars and was well known for poaching lemon from others drinks and meals (fish). Anywhere I was known I'd be given raw lemon to suck on unphased like a little performing monkey.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
luckily there's asolutely no news of a WORLD enduro race happening today to chat about

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
for me I'm pretty sure it's not the general bitterness. Just the general horrible flavour. Some coffee isn't even all that bitter. (possibly the stuff you like @norbar ?)
I've always loved the taste of raw lemons. As a little kid I spent an awful lot of time around restaurants and bars and was well known for poaching lemon from others drinks and meals (fish). Anywhere I was known I'd be given raw lemon to suck on unphased like a little performing monkey.

When you are Gary, no bitter flavor can top that of being Gary. :D

Sour isn't the same as bitter. Children in particular are often a lot more into sour flavors as it often comes from calorie rich fruit, those calories are important for growth, also why kids are more into sugar than adults.

Bitter flavors are often associated with toxic foods. Pretty sure that is why it is often considered an acquired taste, we evolved to be naturally repulsed by bitter, it but after a few times of trying it and it not making us sick it can then become a desired flavor. Same can be said for beer and certain red wines.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Because 99.9999% of coffee is terrible. Even the supposedly "good" coffee is just "less bad" coffee. Same with Whisky (and ey). There is one coffee shop I used to convince bigger coffee haters than you to drink coffee but I doubt I can convince you to travel to Paris to pay 17E for an espresso. Probably have bigger chances of convincing anyone here headset routing is a good idea.
how are 17euro espressos compatible with polish wages?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I'm not bitter. Just come across as slightly salty.
I'm actually really sweet

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Last night I watched the last round of redbull street race series as well as Crankworx speed n style, dual slalom and slopestyle all live with great camera placement/coverage, decent trackside interviews and 100% free to view. Rob Warner and Cam McCaul both doing a great job commentating respectively.

EWS? Oh... Yeah. Some scruffy irish cunt posts a clip to instagram and a broken spreadsheet.
The World Cup is probably fucked.
Fuckin Bawbag!

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ps. While I'm moaning. Fuck right off UCI letting (former) blokes compete against the genuine women.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Trans exclusionary? Yeah. I'll take it in this instance but hardly radical feminism having enough common sense to see that biological men need to be excluded from Women's competition.
I'm all for a trans category BTW. Obviously with a prize fund in line with category entry numbers.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Australian domination! Too bad the coverage is pure crap, I'd like to see what happened to Melamed on stage 3, must have binned it a few times.

Also kinda forgot about Hill, I guess he really is not doing much Endurpo this season with missing the race in his home country...smart man. Can't wait to see more of him at the DH races.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Hill isn't on Nukeproof's factory Enduro race team this year. That should probably tell us all we need to know about his Enduro racing intentions for the year.