Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Many years ago while passing through the Pyrenees with a bike in the van. I thought it’d be fun to descend Le Col du Tuormalet. During the first mile or so I noticed a cow stood high up on the grass where the edge overhung the road by about 10ft on a sharp bend. As I got closer. The twat only went n jumped off onto the road right in front of me. I shat myself but avoided it fine. I’m sure the earth shook when it landed. Mad fucker Didn’t seem at all phased. A mile or so further on during that same (11mile) descent I entered an open tunnel (the ones with pillars on one side) while simultaneously hitting a patch of that thick fog/mist you get in the mountains and when exiting the tunnel (still in low visibility) there was a lone dog running back and forth across the road. I stopped to get it safely off the road. Shouted in case it’s owner was around. No one was .so then in my (shite at) best French told it to “arette” . My G/f of the time was driving the van down a little after me and when I asked said there were no cows on the road but there was a collie dog sat at the side by the exit of a tunnel (clear visibility by that point ) with no one else around. Hope it eventually made it’s way home safely

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I need to grab some Stiegl radlers for post ride refreshing - they hit hard when its super hot out. Yeah a radler, ban me.

Also how is Stiegl cheaper here than local beer? :mad:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I need to grab some Stiegl radlers for post ride refreshing - they hit hard when its super hot out. Yeah a radler, ban me.

Also how is Stiegl cheaper here than local beer? :mad:
Radler for express post ride refreshment is okay, imho.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trying to work out if its a pint in a long skinny glass or something bigger. Looking at it for too long is making me thirsty
Using those skinny table slats for scale, it looks like a long skinny one, perfect for taking back on a hot day. Small enough so it doesn't get warm when ya distracted by a squirrel.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If you're lucky you could even get a Trumer, the other excellent Salzburger brewery.

View attachment 212957
Edit: damn, gonna get one right now :cheers:
That ridiculously large head? Just why?
They’re employing (18+)Kids to serve behind bars in Edinburgh these days who can’t pour a fucking pint either now. I’ve had to show a few how to. It’s fucking ridiculous. If I wanted a pus full of foam I’d have a relaxing bubble bath.. What’s Next ? touchscreen ordering? And paper cups!
Fuck modern shit!

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
That ridiculously large head? Just why?
They’re employing (18+)Kids to serve behind bars in Edinburgh these days who can’t pour a fucking pint either now. I’ve had to show a few how to. It’s fucking ridiculous. If I wanted a pus full of foam I’d have a relaxing bubble bath.. What’s Next ? touchscreen ordering? And paper cups!
Fuck modern shit!
Because it's a very dry Pils with a light and soft foam forming that head. And it's ment to be served like this at max 7°C.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
That's absolutely no excuse for not having the skill to pour it with a 10cm head.

Plus. You'd get wayyy MOAR beer in that glass...

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Not personally No. I’d actually assumed those badly poured beers were some sort of cleansing ritual for those who do.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Not personally No. I’d actually assumed those badly poured beers were some sort of cleansing ritual for those who do.
You come from a bunch of islands where beer was made from leftovers, and people still warms them over the fireplace prior to drinking them just to make them tolerable, and still want to school folk on proper foam hat height?

Even worse: you drink Stella Artois and want to school someone on beer???

Last edited:

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Stella is actually the one premium lager I never drink.. Drinking even one results in a stinking headache for me.
I don't ever drink warm lager either
Beer snobery is just bizarre. Drink what you like

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Enduro Worldchamps in Val di fassa incoming.
Rain and snow incoming. Temperatures for the weekend: Around freezing point.
Weatherforecast Canazei.
1726125695452.png

Buon divertimento! :tinfoil: