Quantcast

The E-word thread. EWS

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
It's a good thing nobody reads the monkey...

Dropping names entirely based on random speculation and observations on a racer's anatomy is bullshit. This is how fake news spread and there's enough of that these days. Let's just wait for the official statement (if there's ever one), THEN we'll discuss about how much of a cheater such or such racer is when everything is official.

I'm all for crazy speculation and imagining conspiracies everywhere in the bike industry in here, but it would suck really bad to harm the career of a clean racer as a collateral damage of these off-season discussions. Some of them may still be finalizing contract negociation for next year (I dunno?).

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
wait. wait. dafuq is happening here? have we really descended to speculating like hormone-fueled high schoolers about which fucking enduro racer *might* be juicing??? REALLY? :panic:
You're kidding right? Discussing the potential outcome of the introduction of anti-doping policies into the fastest growing segment of gravity racing is somehow off-topic in a Downhill forum full of speculation about linkage forks for trail bikes, e-bikes and general tomfoolery???

It's almost like you're upset by the sudden relevance of the forum.

FWIW, I'm not suggesting anyone in particular is using them. I just doubt any would be racing in events with known anti-doping systems if they were.

shelteringsky

Monkey
May 21, 2010
He's actually least likely IMO. He competed in (and podiumed) a DH WC and at the World Champs, which have always had PED-testing. Much like Cecile Ravanel and other EWS riders that race in alternate disciplines, they'd never have the opportunity. Drug testing for Enduro is relatively new so they might have caught some riders on the tail-end of a drug program, but its hardly likely to be someone who is also participating in sports with anti-doping systems.

OT - Didn't Wade have a bit of a break from competition and come back super dominant and much bigger for the next season? I thought thats where the PED rumours began. The disco bikkie thing is hardly a big deal.
Having anti-doping controls doesn't mean that you won't have people doping. Lance_Armstrong.jpg What it does mean though, is that you have time cycles carefully and/or stay ahead of doping control curve. Let's face it, dopers and anti-doping organisations have been playing this cat and mouse game for years.

It's a good thing nobody reads the monkey...

Dropping names entirely based on random speculation and observations on a racer's anatomy is bullshit. This is how fake news spread and there's enough of that these days. Let's just wait for the official statement (if there's ever one), THEN we'll discuss about how much of a cheater such or such racer is when everything is official.

I'm all for crazy speculation and imagining conspiracies everywhere in the bike industry in here, but it would suck really bad to harm the career of a clean racer as a collateral damage of these off-season discussions. Some of them may still be finalizing contract negociation for next year (I dunno?).
That list that Reece Wallace et. al have seen: yeah, you can guarantee that the industry bigwigs have already seen it as well. No one's gonna lose a career over a RM thread. When the results come out officially is when people are gonna get booted.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Riding all day without getting tired, looking like a GOD at your local pool, outbenching everyone at the gym....sounds awesome!

Anyone here have any personal experience with PEDs? Asking for a friend.
Anabolic hormones wont give you much endurance other than some increased RBC (nothing like EPO)They can preserve muscle tissue when extream dieting or still alow repair when overtraining.

Gw1516 will increase endurance and fat utilization.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Has any rider ever actually lost out on anything over being accused of doping? I can't think of anybody, actually, I can't think of many people who have really lost all that much comparatively as a result of bonafide positive tests. Roadies who doped have come out significantly ahead of the roadies who didn't dope enough (because we all now clean roadies don't exist), maybe Lance lost $100m after the Oprah interview, but he's still doing better than Joseba Beloki, who made the critical mistake of not using enough EPO.

Out with the names, make professional cycling interesting again!

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Has any rider ever actually lost out on anything over being accused of doping? I can't think of anybody, actually, I can't think of many people who have really lost all that much comparatively as a result of bonafide positive tests. Roadies who doped have come out significantly ahead of the roadies who didn't dope enough (because we all now clean roadies don't exist), maybe Lance lost $100m after the Oprah interview, but he's still doing better than Joseba Beloki, who made the critical mistake of not using enough EPO.

Out with the names, make professional cycling interesting again!
floyd is now even selling weed products, missy was ahead of her time :/

https://floydsofleadville.com/

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Just "tainted supplements", I'm sure. Not a couple of training buddies looking for every edge knowingly pushing the limits.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Interesting that graves refused option to have B sample tested.
Word out of yeti is that rude's supplements were 'pre-production' and proper masking agents will be utilized for consumer versions.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Goes to Amazon, orders a case of Ryno Power, downloads Strava. I'm coming for your KOMs!

Trying to find the WADA list, but they have a list of all supplements they've tested with batch numbers that shows which are clean which are tainted, I suspect that RP is not on the "clean" list. Many, many supplements are tainted at the manufacturing facility, so it's not surprising if it was indeed a tainted supplement as a lot of them end up with crap not found on the ingredient list in the production run due to cross contamination. Assuming it was a tainted supplement, have a peak at Ryno Power's athlete roster and think about how effective doping control is in cycling.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Goes to Amazon, orders a case of Ryno Power, downloads Strava. I'm coming for your KOMs!

Trying to find the WADA list, but they have a list of all supplements they've tested with batch numbers that shows which are clean which are tainted, I suspect that RP is not on the "clean" list. Many, many supplements are tainted at the manufacturing facility, so it's not surprising if it was indeed a tainted supplement as a lot of them end up with crap not found on the ingredient list in the production run due to cross contamination. Assuming it was a tainted supplement, have a peak at Ryno Power's athlete roster and think about how effective doping control is in cycling.
this was my first thought as well, whoever does their manufacturing probably didn't do a proper line clearance. One thing that stuck out to me from Rude's interview is that he said the detected quantities were in ppb.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Let's not start giving these guys a pass. Graves didn't even get the B-sample tested, which may be telling, as is their uniform response to the Ryno Power connection.

I knew this would be for stimulants; those are long days in the saddle.

Bottom line: I'm not sure how they escape sanction.

Edit: Great comments on this post. People taking sides! https://www.instagram.com/p/BqouUxOH_ri/

Edit 2: Oh man - I'm reminded by the rank apologists in those replies that it's 2018 and we don't care about doping or playing by the rules any more.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Let's not start giving these guys a pass. Graves didn't even get the B-sample tested, which may be telling, as is their uniform response to the Ryno Power connection.

I knew this would be for stimulants; those are long days in the saddle.

Bottom line: I'm not sure how they escape sanction.
do any of the other tested athletes work with RP? (i honestly don't know, that's why i'm asking).

but yea, i'm inclined to agree. they're gonna make an example of them re: sanctions.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
do any of the other tested athletes work with RP? (i honestly don't know, that's why i'm asking).

but yea, i'm inclined to agree. they're gonna make an example of them re: sanctions.
I'm not quite saying that. If they tested positive, they deserve the sanctions. Tainted/unknown supplement defense isn't a defense (and it's also not what they're leading with).

They should have just done what the roadies do and get some asthma drugs and a TUE.

I'm also surprised why they were advised by counsel to not test the B sample. That's odd.

Edit: Barf. Now it's a "witch hunt" to catch a guy with cancer. Sure, whatever. I guess if people can still defend Lance Armstrong, they can defend anyone.

Last edited: