Quantcast

The East Coast Tammy-ruined-our-weekend thread

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
bluebug32 said:
I had plans for riding this weekend and I woke up to a never-ending, levee-breaking downpour! :( Damn you, Tammy!

What last-minute indoor activities do you monkeys have planned?
make her buy you beer the next time she sees you.

if she is close enough to drive to you, are you going to drive down the to the TWMBC? i know she does ive seen her there a few times and its a GREAT race. ask her she'll tell ya about it.

Converted our new dryer from natural gas to propane and installed it.
Took the old (1954 Kenmore) dryer and our neighbor's old dryer and some old paint cans to the transfer station.
Did some cleaning in the process of replacing the dryer.
Might do some yard work or take a wander in the woods or both.

Suck it up, Princess! :D

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I did 8 hours of community service sorting bottles and cans. And was going to do it today but no one showed up. No dirt jumping for me for a bit but at least the jumps finally are getting watered.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i cancelled my Bromont plans to ride w/ MMike. instead we looked at tiles. :rolleyes: edit - my wife and i did, not me and MMike.

i did see a humongous snapping turtle, though, in our street. not sure where he was heading, but his shell was at least 18" diameter so i guess the answer is "wherever he wants".

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
racing at Platty in the rain & mud totally rocks! have fun & kick some ass!
Thanks Doug, I am looking forward to it and hoping the rain keeps some others away so I can move up in the points. :devil:

J

JRB

woohoo - high lower than 80 here. Trail got damp yesterday, making it perfect for today. It was bad ass.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, it is raining like a beast out there. "Fortunately", none of our weekend plans involved riding so none of our plans were ruined. I'm glad I took yesterday off from work and rode wtih Splat. :)

J

JRB

ridetoofast said:
who you kiddin' loco...we know you were on your skinny tire bike

pictures must be posted to prove you have love for the dirt
No camera today, but Wumpus was there to see me on a 6" bikey. I can post pics of a dirty bike.

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Ok, so our day turned out well. We went to my LBS and I walked out with some new Panaracer Fire XCs. We finally rode today and they're great for climbing and wet conditions! :thumb:
Those tires are the worst here. They were incredible out in Tahoe. It's amazing how much difference the dirt makes.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Had a nice 30 mile ride today, first ride on my Cowan since converting it to a singlespeed. Would have preffered trail miles, but the trails were a bit flooded.

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Yeah, they definitely did the trick here in the mud and wet leaves :thumb:
That's pretty much a combo here that is guaranteed to ruin your ride. :nope: