Quantcast

The Economy (2019?)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well thank goodness you have CNN & MSNBC to set the record straight! Sorry but the whistleblower/Ukraine witch hunt will fizzle out just like the Mueller investigation did. Don't you think looking at the votes last Thursday that didn't show any bipartisanship? The left has only one agenda, and that's to remove Trump from office, its been that way since day one. It may be much more believable if the left didn't cry for impeachment the day he was elected. The lefts whole motivation is to keep this going as long as possible so Trump wont win the 2020 election, its very obvious.
The right has only one agenda, to deliver the white supremacist Jesus and get rid of minorities. I mean, someone on the right has been pushing that, so it must be the “agenda of the right”, right? It makes as much sense as you claiming that “the left” has been trying to remove trump from office since he started. If you can show that there was a conspiracy to set him up at that time by people that could actually impeach him, ok, but selling out your fellow citizens to a foreign power does it all by itself.

Just a question, who is “the left” that you keep referencing?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The right has only one agenda, to deliver the white supremacist Jesus and get rid of minorities. I mean, someone on the right has been pushing that, so it must be the “agenda of the right”, right? It makes as much sense as you claiming that “the left” has been trying to remove trump from office since he started. If you can show that there was a conspiracy to set him up at that time by people that could actually impeach him, ok, but selling out your fellow citizens to a foreign power does it all by itself.

Just a question, who is “the left” that you keep referencing?
Well in this November 15, 2016 article.....

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I don’t think I saw Nancy Pelosis name in there, so how is it relevant? Lots of people say lots of ****, but that alone doesn’t make it real.
Pelosi has been against it all along, she's moving forward now because of the pressure from her constituents. My point is, the left has been out to remove him from day one. Why? He wasn't supposed to win. Anyways, this impeachment inquiry won't get past the senate and will be another waste of time & money, like usual. Want him out of office? Beat him in 2020, its pretty straight forward, and according to the polls should be very easy. Right? I mean Hillary will win in a landslide....... I guess.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Bullshit, she was waiting for the strategic conditions to push forward and have it be a success. Even republicans view her as one of the best strategists to ever be SOTH.
It will still fail, just watch. Schiff now is running the show because Nadler failed. Schiff is a lying sack of shit! Interesting tidbit of useless information, Schiff & I went to the same high school.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Anyways, this impeachment inquiry won't get past the senate
Well, that isn't because he doesn't deserve to be impeached... that's just due to thr entire Republican party bending over backward to protect him even when faced with evidence of wrongdoing. Not suspicion, but first hand testimony.

Why do you think that is?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm really starting to think that I should drop out of all my index funds and get into a high-yield money market account... for a little while. :panic:
Time in the market is king. You're free to do what you want but since you're not retiring in the next several years I wouldn't.

/me minimizes cash drag and has everything invested, more or less

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
By the time the youngest moves out, the oldest will be ready to move back in!
FTS. If he wants to "move back in" he can pay $3000/mo rent. 'Cause I think that's what I'm gonna do with this goddam house. Find a nice place in the French Alps for $1000/mo, spend the other $2000/mo buying delicious booze, food, and traveling around Europe on their fine public transportation network.
:fancy:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

To put this in comparison for “some people” here who seem to think this is fine.

One milllion in seconds would be 11.5 days.
One billion in seconds would be 31.5 YEARS.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

To put this in comparison for “some people” here who seem to think this is fine.

One milllion in seconds would be 11.5 days.
One billion in seconds would be 31.5 YEARS.
and they got there because they worked harder, amirite?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I heard something that put it in perspective for me. Had to do the math...

If you arrived here in 1492 with Columbus, and got a job making $5,000 per day every day from then until now, you still would not have earned a billion dollars.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

If you arrived here in 1492 on the Mayflower, and got a job making $5,000 per day every day from then until now, you still would not have earned a billion dollars.
The math really makes it clear that that's obscene.

$1 million or even $10 million is achievable in a lifetime with good circumstances aiding one along the way. $1,000 million? 100 times that yet? Only absurd circumstances almost completely unrelated to effort or ability offer that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

If you arrived here in 1492 with Bryan Williams, got a job making $5,000 per day every day from then until now, you still would not have earned a billion dollars.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
“Blowoff Top”, anyone?

I have no idea.
But the dumpy split level two doors down just sold for 1.2 M, the madness must stop sometime.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
“Blowoff Top”, anyone?

I have no idea.
But the dumpy split level two doors down just sold for 1.2 M, the madness must stop sometime.
that will stop when warren starts taxing inheritances.