Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
But who will look out for the millionaires?
If you have less than say, $10mm, I'd put you under the "normal person" range. Reason being, it's a place that somebody can still reasonably* expect to get to with a lot of work, savings, and some good luck (see doctors, lawyers, and small- & medium-sized business owners). Above that? Go eat a dick.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nice knowing you.

I'm bringing ketchup.

You're out of your fucking mind.
I see it, so I say it honestly. Beyond that though? There's no reason for that amount of money. I still like the "you've won capitalism" award. Once you've hit $999,999,999 you get an award saying you've won and are taxed at 100% of income and wealth over that amount.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Can barely make the mortgage payments (3 houses, after all) along with the 4 very expensive vehicle payments. It's rough, I tell ya!
All I can think of is the poor souls who are balancing as many as FIVE mortgages.

It's been really keeping me up night. What's their liquidity going to look like in a year.........

All these retail workers getting coughed on need to shut the fuck up. There's REAL suffering going on out there.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
That's impossible. Trump was just thanking the Saudis and the Russians for solving the oil crisis and saving those beautiful clean oil jobs here in the United States.

FAKE NEWS

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This happening has to be due to trading algorithms somehow. I wonder if they just didn't consider this being possible when they coded them...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually, this might be the time to invest in oil short term, just for the inevitable bounce. Dolla dolla bill y'all.
Yeah. USO is so low and down 10% today alone; it's hard to challenge. WTI will eventually come back up again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Can any of you economic geniuses tell me how we can have 26 MILLION newly unemployed, and the market actually goes UP?
are we in crazy-town?
Haven't you heard? The nation is OPENING UP FOR BUSINESS!! Everything will be back to normal in 2-3 weeks.

:disgust:

I'm staying FAR FAR FAR away from this market for awhile... and I'm generally a "buy & hold" person.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can any of you economic geniuses tell me how we can have 26 MILLION newly unemployed, and the market actually goes UP?
are we in crazy-town?
I can email you our Capital Markets position. Our head of research made a very targeted comment on just that exactly. It talked about bad things coming in threes. And only two bad things have happened immediately recently...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can email you our Capital Markets position. Our head of research made a very targeted comment on just that exactly. It talked about bad things coming in threes. And only two bad things have happened immediately recently...
I would appreciate expounding on this super vague comment :D