Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mostly state government with predominately rural populations. I've met some hard cases who are still convinced;

a) clean coal is the solution
b) wind is how the Chinese are gonna git us

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Holy shit.....Thats a real thing?

I know a guy who works for Vestas. I should ask him if he can get me one on employee discount.
it is on the lego website....

they just released a ISS space station set also...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Old blades?
Well, I suggested loading them with up with tannerite and shooting at them, but my idea was over ruled. :mad:

It's insignificant in the grand scale of garbage, but when they're toast (often after decades of use) they aren't easily repurposed.
I would like to make a camper out of them...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
in the context, nimbys are generally the issue
Have you driven through wyoming?

A backyard typically requires a front yard, IE a residence. WY already has more windmills than residents.

And a fuck load more fracking wells than both combined.....but still.

Where rideit lives has lots of nimbys though. Like patagonia yyvvonne and dick cheney, whom have a lot in common.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
A "friend" on FB posted this about blah blah they are just piling up. He failed to read the article where there are start-up companies gearing up to recycle these and continue the capitalism chain, making money on the entire process.
that i know....

i was actually trying to find a clip from i think cbs sunday morning that did a story on this....

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Doing what exactly?
Mums the word, but supposedly he just bought the largest developable ‘lot’ in the heart of town (it’s a bunch of acres, google ‘the Virginian Lodge And RV Park), for 60 million, but no word on what the plans are.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A "friend" on FB posted this about blah blah they are just piling up. He failed to read the article where there are start-up companies gearing up to recycle these and continue the capitalism chain, making money on the entire process.
that i know....

i was actually trying to find a clip from i think cbs sunday morning that did a story on this....
I think I read a piece on BBC recently about recycling them - so it is feasible.

Still, it's far easier to just burn clean coal or cheaper to come up with places to put used nuclear fuel.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think I read a piece on BBC recently about recycling them - so it is feasible.

Still, it's far easier to just burn clean coal or cheaper to come up with places to put used nuclear fuel.
Cheaper nuclear?