Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
When my mother passed I had to fend off her debtors who wanted me to pay. The repo guy was in shock when he came to pick up the car and the keys were in the ignition, title and all the other paperwork nicely organized in a manila folder.
When I was doing repo work I always gave the client a chance via phone/email first, not one person took the opportunity. Always turned into a 3am sneak job.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Here you go woo

Is that the same one you've posted like 10 times now? ;)

I can rattle off at least 5 of those that were supposed to happen here, only to be never built, or get converted into some sort of shit luxury property. One of them actually is getting built, with a $500k pricetag for a 1b, 1bath apartment. You know......"affordable"

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
$1800-$2000 a room in a shared house is generally where we are at for free market, $1800 for a one bedroom if you qualify. But realistic hourly wage is about $18-$20 for semi-skilled labor.

SFH are between $6k and $10k on average for newer leases. But the rich folk have bought up all of the dumpy options.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
@kidwoo , this may go nowhere (again), but the people pushing it are friends of ours.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo , this may go nowhere (again), but the people pushing it are friends of ours.

Real estate sales in Teton County are projected to top $3 billion in 2021

:rofl:

Too far gone to be honest. The kingdom simply wants their serfs (and will ironically continue to fight it). I'll believe change is possible (here too just fyi) when it stops being referred to as 'workforce housing.' That's community residence you fucking tools.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
When my mother passed I had to fend off her debtors who wanted me to pay. The repo guy was in shock when he came to pick up the car and the keys were in the ignition, title and all the other paperwork nicely organized in a manila folder.
wtf? thats rough
all debt comes with a small life insurance for the debt here, its usually in the order of 4-5 bucks a month for a car.
You die, insurance pays the remaining of the debt. Same thing with mortages or personal loans.

Debt cant be collected on family members.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
wtf? thats rough
all debt comes with a small life insurance for the debt here, its usually in the order of 4-5 bucks a month for a car.
You die, insurance pays the remaining of the debt. Same thing with mortages or personal loans.

We believe in freedom here.

Which means if someone is owed money, that's literally the most important thing in the universe.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wtf? thats rough

Oh the bank was trying to bully me into paying off the debt with no legal standing. I was going to try to sell the car which if I tried hard could have gotten what was owed on it. Was even going to try and make the monthly payments once I had access to what little was available when I got access to my mother's bank account. But the bank was being an asshole and demanding immediate payment, so I told them I wasn't going to pay and they could pick it up anytime. They probably sold it at auction for 75% of what I could have gotten for it. Now mind you this was all while dealing with a close family members death, so I was more than happy to see them take a loss. It took a little self restraint to not put a little oil in the gas tank so it smoked like a bitch and further devalued the car without actually damaging it.

Last edited: