Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm losing money too... I'm just mad I didn't send my and MIL's taxes off earlier. I was planning on buying a bunch of muni's for our cash once I knew our fed and state tax load. Now that yields are shooting down, it doesn't make sense to do it. Guess I'm stuck in shit <2% high yield savings for now.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
it kills me that the costcos in my state aren't allowed to sell alcohol.
The selection here is limited (beers all suck) and I can't remember the last time I bought booze there.
A similarly sized bottle of Bulleit was only a couple bucks cheaper than local packie, while this stuff was a steal.
tl/dr: I don't think you're missing out too much.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The selection here is limited (beers all suck) and I can't remember the last time I bought booze there.
A similarly sized bottle of Bulleit was only a couple bucks cheaper than local packie, while this stuff was a steal.
tl/dr: I don't think you're missing out too much.
one of my managers lives down by the PA border with deleware. he goes to the costco there for the booze. none of the beers are anything special, but he finds an occasional good deal on scotch.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
one of my managers lives down by the PA border with deleware. he goes to the costco there for the booze. none of the beers are anything special, but he finds an occasional good deal on scotch.
I’m told their Kirkland scotch is great, and the selection was pretty expansive, but I don’t drink scotch. They had a super-special Kirkland bourbon I passed on that should try another time. Wife buy wine and Prosecco there for parties but it’s not close enough to shop regularly.

Back on topic, door person was handing out disinfectant wipes upon entry :panic: so I made kid push the cart. Gotta protect the quarterback.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This is killing me.
We have a 15 @ 3.3 with 7 years left but also a heloc that I'd love to refi.
My acct fucking died last year before filing either my personal or biz returns (extended in both cases due to waiting for IRS corporation-type change to go through) so I can't do anything until that's resolved.
Chances of that happening before rates go up are low to none, esp since all my personal tax info from last year is MIA and I need to chase it all down.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This is killing me.
We have a 15 @ 3.3 with 7 years left but also a heloc that I'd love to refi.
My acct fucking died last year before filing either my personal or biz returns (extended in both cases due to waiting for IRS corporation-type change to go through) so I can't do anything until that's resolved.
Chances of that happening before rates go up are low to none, esp since all my personal tax info from last year is MIA and I need to chase it all down.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doesn't make sense for me to refinance yet, but I would consider purchasing property in the San Juan Islands,Cascades or any other awesome place if property values in "second home" areas decline.

I have also been hoarding cash in preparation for a market decline. Unless things go full on depression my job is probably safe, I do not wish a disaster as it usually fucks the most vulnerable, but if it does, I am ready.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Raise your hand if you're buying things? Because even if it's going down, and we haven't bottomed, you should be. Take a portion of your invest-able cash and buy something nicely diversified and forget about it for a long time. Long planning will be you friend in
This is the best I’m seeing for 15 yr fixed here.

View attachment 141688
Costco Mtge. Executive Membership. Look it up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Raise your hand if you're buying things? Because even if it's going down, and we haven't bottomed, you should be. Take a portion of your invest-able cash and buy something nicely diversified and forget about it for a long time. Long planning will be you friend in

Costco Mtge. Executive Membership. Look it up.
Exactly, I bought another dropper post today.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This state is going to be so F-ed, two of the biggest things we rely on are tourism and oil prices being high. The governor and ultra-hardcore republicans have been against imposing any kind of income tax and we've been hit with huge deficits, and this is before any fallout that will happen.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good thing the stock market isn’t the economy, eh?
It's almost like... Russia is trying to tank our economy. What if they were intentionally trying to tank to economy to sink Trump and get a Democrat elected, then drop evidence to show proof of international manipulation into the election, leading to a challenge of the legitimacy of the election and an even deeper regional and generational rift in this country? :tinfoil:
Nah. That would be insane.