SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The stimulus was worth shit. It wasn't saved; it was spent. Most people saved money by not commuting and/or having kids at home vs. paying for childcare, and not spending on discretionary things because there weren't any they could do.
Let’s not forget that CARES went well beyond the stimulus checks people got directly. There was a ton of money that went to various government and industry uses. I’m certain the funds meant to keep businesses floating along through lean times were pocketed by the owners and and spent on Peletons.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
uh.......

Am I the only one that remembers campers, bikes, kayaks and everything else selling out and every honky in the country becoming an 'outdoorsman?'
There are different extents of discretionary spending and by what income bracket. Not buying fast food, because you're not working or not going to the movies, etc. is very different when your income bracket is $30-50k vs $75-150k.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
There are different extents of discretionary spending and by what income bracket. Not buying fast food, because you're not working or not going to the movies, etc. is very different when your income bracket is $30-50k vs $75-150k.
sure but you didn't differentiate

depending on who you're talking about there was way the hell MORE discretionary spending going on.....like on fuckin houses

Most of that PPE money was completely blown on people who didn't need it, and definitely spent it on discretionary things.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let’s not forget that CARES went well beyond the stimulus checks people got directly. There was a ton of money that went to various government and industry uses. I’m certain the funds meant to keep businesses floating along through lean times were pocketed by the owners and and spent on Peletons.
So many new brodozers at HD...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I asked a buddy of mine with a big truck he uses to haul things. He bought a prius about 2 months ago when he hit 230 bucks a tank on the beefcake :rofl:
I'm sure buying a different car that costs less to fill up will make it seem like he's saving money.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think he said it was 6k.. 250 bucks a tank gets there real quick. Especially for him, he drives all over the state for work. Plus he can sell it later. He will absolutely save money over the course of about two months.
A used car, a prius no less, for 6K? What is this, 1993?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Literally the 2nd listing on about 5 seconds of typing two words into craigslist

I was looking at them too a few years ago when I got my 2500, thinking I would get rid of my tacoma. 6k wasn't that uncommon and is actually a lot of the reason I was looking at them.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Isn’t the Prius the ‘most reliable car in the world’?
Sure seems like it. Other than the still kinda unproven rivian, it's about the only electric that's every piqued my interest. Those things are badass and should have served as the model for all road cars over the last 10-15 years.

Think they'll trade for a mountainbike fork?

Last edited: