Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This state is going to be so F-ed, two of the biggest things we rely on are tourism and oil prices being high. The governor and ultra-hardcore republicans have been against imposing any kind of income tax and we've been hit with huge deficits, and this is before any fallout that will happen.

Good thing fish supplies are booming

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit just hit the fan
Oil dropped to $30/barrel and Futures stocks on the S&P are down 5 % and the Dow Futures are down 4.2%

S&P futures triggered stops already. Australia opened 5% down and closed almost 8% down. If I'm putting money on it, trading will be stopped at least once today.

Guys, it's gonna get ugly. If we limit down today, then expect tomorrow we go into a bear market. Good luck.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's almost like... Russia is trying to tank our economy. What if they were intentionally trying to tank to economy to sink Trump and get a Democrat elected, then drop evidence to show proof of international manipulation into the election, leading to a challenge of the legitimacy of the election and an even deeper regional and generational rift in this country? :tinfoil:
Nah. That would be insane.
I've told @jonKranked this, and I know it sounds fucking crazy, but if I were Papa Vlad and I really wanted to fuck with the US, what I would do in 2020 is the opposite if what he/they/russia did in 2016. Instead of soft voter manipulation/influence/fraud in favor of the Mango Moron, go hard, OBVIOUS, election manipulation in favor of the Dems. Like 500% turn out in various districts, 50 point flips in others, etc. That way, if if Dems happen to win legitimately, how does any one know? The whole system is now in question, it's chaos. Trump declares the whole thing null and void, stays in office till he dies, the US is now a quasi-totalitarian state of chaos, and Russia pulls of an upset victory in the Cold War. Talk about a comeback story. :tinfoil:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've told @jonKranked this, and I know it sounds fucking crazy, but if I were Papa Vlad and I really wanted to fuck with the US, what I would do in 2020 is the opposite if what he/they/russia did in 2016. Instead of soft voter manipulation/influence/fraud in favor of the Mango Moron, go hard, OBVIOUS, election manipulation in favor of the Dems. Like 500% turn out in various districts, 50 point flips in others, etc. That way, if if Dems happen to win legitimately, how does any one know? The whole system is now in question, it's chaos. Trump declares the whole thing null and void, stays in office till he dies, the US is now a quasi-totalitarian state of chaos, and Russia pulls of an upset victory in the Cold War. Talk about a comeback story. :tinfoil:
i think the economy nonsense will do more damage.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
“It happened that a fire broke out backstage in a theater. The clown came out to inform the public. They thought it was a jest and applauded. He repeated his warning. They shouted even louder. So I think the world will come to an end amid the general applause from all the wits who believe that it is a joke.” - Kierkegaard

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hippie cars partially full and I'm now at the second Costco because the first one was empty. Also this one has more alcohol options.