Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
26.69 an ounce right now (heh). I assume you're exaggerating on how much you have, cause you really should have sold at 40
I'd have to find it all, but I have probably a dozen 1 pound giant sized coins/bills, and who knows how many smaller ones. My grandma had some subscription thing going for my brother and I when we were kids. Probably should have sold at 40, but even at $26.69, where the shit would I sell it? Every time metals spike I go searching for how to sell and can never figure it out, so they just chill in the bottom of my safe until the next spike.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd have to find it all, but I have probably a dozen 1 pound giant sized coins/bills, and who knows how many smaller ones. My grandma had some subscription thing going for my brother and I when we were kids. Probably should have sold at 40, but even at $26.69, where the shit would I sell it? Every time metals spike I go searching for how to sell and can never figure it out, so they just chill in the bottom of my safe until the next spike.
No idea to be honest, and I doubt you get market rate wherever you sell. One of the reasons hoarding actual metals has always seemed silly to me, no matter what Glenn Beck says. Or because of it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Every decent sized city will have precious metal dealers that will provide a market for your coins. @Pesqueeb is right - you won't get the spot-price, but they'll generally not gouge you too badly. Just do a "bullion dealer" search in your area.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Opinion: Why are Republican Presidents so bad for the economy?

Since 1933, the economy has grown at an annual average rate of 4.6 percent under Democratic presidents and 2.4 percent under Republicans, according to a Times analysis. In more concrete terms: The average income of Americans would be more than double its current level if the economy had somehow grown at the Democratic rate for all of the past nine decades.
[...]
Still, the pattern is so strong and long-lasting that coincidence alone is unlikely to be the only explanation. Statistical noise, as Mr. Blinder and Mr. Watson wrote in their paper exploring the pattern, does not seem to be the answer.
What, then, are the most plausible theories? First, it’s worth rejecting a few unlikely possibilities. Congressional control is not the answer.
The pattern holds regardless of which party is running Congress. Deficit spending also doesn’t explain the gap: It is not the case that Democrats juice the economy by spending money and then leave Republicans to clean up the mess. Over the last four decades, in fact, Republican presidents have run up larger deficits than Democrats.
That leaves one broad possibility with a good amount of supporting evidence: Democrats have been more willing to heed economic and historical lessons about what policies actually strengthen the economy, while Republicans have often clung to theories that they want to believe — like the supposedly magical power of tax cuts and deregulation. Democrats, in short, have been more pragmatic.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Griddy's prices are controlled by the market, and are therefore vulnerable to sudden swings in demand. With the extreme weather, energy usage has soared, pushing up wholesale power prices to more than $9,000 per megawatt hour — compared to the seasonal average of $50 per megawatt hour.

Griddy sounds like the Wish version of Gritty.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Griddy's prices are controlled by the market, and are therefore vulnerable to sudden swings in demand. With the extreme weather, energy usage has soared, pushing up wholesale power prices to more than $9,000 per megawatt hour — compared to the seasonal average of $50 per megawatt hour.

Griddy sounds like the Wish version of Gritty.

Texans love capitalism so I am sure they will be cool with it.

I mean really cold with it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Fry's is done. I went in there before the pandemic and that store was do empty and depressing.

Booo...... I remember buying computer parts from them way back in the day. There was an especially sketchy location on 82nd by Tom Peterson's and Gloria's that was always a unique shopping experience. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Booo...... I remember buying computer parts from them way back in the day. There was an especially sketchy location on 82nd by Tom Peterson's and Gloria's that was always a unique shopping experience. :rofl:
Back in the days of Tom Peterson hair cuts. I never did get a fucking watch, dammit. Maybe eBay?

<edit> holy shit.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Not one for politics nor do I follow them but I do see the direct ripple in the financial markets and have to say I enjoyed the dependable and executable trading and investments of the prior administration, rather than the volatility and randomness market effects of the current administration. Had to completely change 50% of my portfolio strategy overnight.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not one for politics nor do I follow them but I do see the direct ripple in the financial markets and have to say I enjoyed the dependable and executable trading and investments of the prior administration, rather than the volatility and randomness market effects of the current administration. Had to completely change 50% of my portfolio strategy overnight.
God forbid

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Volatility within reason creates opportunities you can’t get with stability.

*who gives a fuck. A violent fascist shithole isn't made valuable by a few of your precious little stock points you** lazy assed capital gains welfare queen. Stocks are not the economy and they're certainly not a measure of civilization or a society.

**royal "you," not mandown

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

*who gives a fuck. A violent fascist shithole isn't made valuable by a few of your precious little stock points you** lazy assed capital gains welfare queen. Stocks are not the economy and they're certainly not a measure of civilization or a society.

**royal "you," not mandown
Yeah. The market isn’t the economy, for sure. Related to it but not the entirety of it by a long shot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Volatility index asks, WUT?

1614233427676.png

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nippling my own bad self here but I'll go ahead and make it convenient in my search for that photo

point to point horse race get drunk in a field on the weekend spring attire for white males in virginia.....

that is how it should be described in jcrew catalogs....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are