Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
These turds in tahoe are seeing the first snow since january and cattle have arrived.

Vail is all open arms here. All those dirty infected bay area shits gon kill us simple mountainfolk.
Just stay away from the path of ejected bodily fluids, for once.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I might go Monday or Wednesday. No weekends for me for sure, though.
Haley's got a comp tomorrow that she's been hoping for all season and she really wants Wifey there. We're 50/50 on going up as a group tomorrow, which was the plan, mostly because of Hannah going to daycare.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don’t actually understand how futures went up, there really was nothing encouraging about Trump’s speech.
can anyone elucidate?
I'm with you. There was nothing about it that showed support. Stock price is all (in theory) about sales. Sales for all companies with substantial inter-personal interaction over the next 2 months will be crushed (entertainment, travel). For consumer staples (groceries, gas), bulk buying now will lead to a spike in sales this quarter, but a drop next quarter. For discretionary (clothing, electronics, cars), as the economy shuts down because people start stepping back from interaction, people will start planning for reduced or have reduced income because they aren't making money (see service based economy).

P/E ratios are back in line with "normal" 14-16, but once earnings drop based on reduced sales (see likely recession), p/e will be too high again.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The demand was already too great for banks to keep up, most are quoting way higher than they would be if demand wasn't sky high even before this latest cut.
Got a text from my lender friend, $200B getting injected into housing, should temp clear up the log jam. I'll pull trigger tomorrow morning if rates are low enough. Id love to see 3%.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got a text from my lender friend, $200B getting injected into housing, should temp clear up the log jam. I'll pull trigger tomorrow morning if rates are low enough. Id love to see 3%.
We're already 3.375, it was starting to get tempting a week+ ago when it was just under 3.