Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
You having a stroke, my bro-tato?

No. Good time to refi. I would not buy now! I predict asset prices to fall over the next year or two as the economy stumbles back into life after coronavirus.
You are saying that the overall value of things will be decreasing? I can see that happening in the urban/tourist housing bubble. Or is this beginning of a nasty recession?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We have been waiting the last 4 months while a piece of property has been tied up in a feasibility study. The study ends on Wednesday. Luckily we aren't in a tourist or urban community so we haven't had the terrible bubble experience.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
We have been waiting the last 4 months while a piece of property has been tied up in a feasibility study. The study ends on Wednesday. Luckily we aren't in a tourist or urban community so we haven't had the terrible bubble experience.
Nick is right. If your intention is to stay (yakistan?) long term, you maybe don't need to care about future fluctuations in value. The market may tank and you could be upside down for a while, but if you don't sell, you don't lose. If rates are <3.5%, we aren't liable to see that again in our lifetimes. By the time you run out a 30 year loan you almost HAVE to be ahead.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So much #winning the market tripped another breaker this morning.

Edit: Is there a mechanism for stopping trading if it goes UP too much? I mean, that could be irrational too, right?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
like the S&P is the largest companies, the Russell is the small cap stocks.
Today, every company (effectively) is sinking.
My Caterpillar stock was up slightly when I looked earlier if we still had any airlines.

I guess everywhere will need dozers for the pits...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't really see how my company can move forward without significant layoffs. We have a grading system so I know that at least 60% of my job category would go before I would, and I don't see that happening, unless we are talking end of civilization. Either way I can run off of savings for at least a year and I have more than enough bikes and bike gear.