Quantcast

The Economy (2020/21)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You

Me

Artisan guillotines.

I see an emerging market in the coming months. Get some good flashy designs done then focus on travel models.

Reduced shipping to orange county, silicon Valley, aspen, and the hamptons.
why leave DC off the list?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You

Me

Artisan guillotines.

I see an emerging market in the coming months. Get some good flashy designs done then focus on travel models.

Reduced shipping to orange county, silicon Valley, aspen, and the hamptons.

Not exactly artisan in the traditional sense, but I have some ideas around a few accessories that would first tear out the genitals by the root, stuff in the mouth a few seconds before the blade drops. Also a small catapult that would launch the head into the crowd for some beach ball like shenanigans. Fun for the whole family IMO.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Not exactly artisan in the traditional sense, but I have some ideas around a few accessories that would first tear out the genitals by the root, stuff in the mouth a few seconds before the blade drops. Also a small catapult that would launch the head into the crowd for some beach ball like shenanigans. Fun for the whole family IMO.
Are you available for babysitting?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i dunno. i'm starting to think we should just bypass maintenance de routine altogether and go directly to drawing & quartering.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of the worst human beings I know and a bike shop owner was parroting Trump last night on social media claiming the economic impacts of isolation will kill more people than CV. This seems pretty shitty logic so I did some digging and found this. https://www.pnas.org/content/106/41/17290

Life expectancy during the depression went up. And during the recovery from the depression life expectancy went down. This is largely due to the fact that infectious diseases killed fewer people because fewer people were catching them from going to work. And this was not during any kind of pandemic, just normal baseline infectious diseases.

Capture11.JPG
Capture12.JPG
Capture12.JPG

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Did my first ever ‘day trading’ in the past few days. Took a bunch of currently unused ATM cash, bought Monday, sold today. Worked out very well.
I think I am out again until we see what happens after the next two weeks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have I posted about this in another thread?

That sweet, sweet stimulus check you may be anticipating…

… is just a 0% loan from your future self at tax filing next year to you in May.

As in if you get a $1,200 check in May then your potential refund will be $1,200 less on your next tax return.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

… is just a 0% loan from your future self at tax filing next year to you in May.

As in if you get a $1,200 check in May then your potential refund will be $1,200 less on your next tax return.
This sounds very much like a tax bracket change check...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think we really need to look at the positive aspects of this. Imagine how much average individual wealth will go up when everyone inherits everything from the uncountable dead! I should get into estate law, that will be where the real money is at.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think we really need to look at the positive aspects of this. Imagine how much average individual wealth will go up when everyone inherits everything from the uncountable dead! I should get into estate law, that will be where the real money is at.
Yeah. It's one of those, "uh... do you want to keep working" deals for a lot of folks if their Trumper parents die. Look at the actual income and net worth numbers, and that group has a lot of money.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

the chance any news organization mentions this...

zero.....i think.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

This is probably more important for the dentists 'round here: :fancy:

1585230407911.png