the egg poll

which way do you prefer your eggs?

• Total voters

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I like mine fried over well or boiled.

Plain scrambled are pretty nasty. If they are piping hot I can handle them but for whatever reason they seem to get cold really fast. Cold scrambled eggs make me gag!

Scrambled eggs with in a skillet with potatoes, chiles, maybe some sausage or corned beef hash, smoothered in cheese is good though. The skillet keeps it all warm and me happy.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I voted no eggs, but I guess that's kind of a lie, actually. I like deviled eggs, but I eat those maybe once a year, if someone has them at a party. Also, I will eat an omelet if it's cooked really hard, but again, maybe once a year. It's more of a texture thing for me...too mushy.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
sub-genre of hard boiled.

what 'devils' it? the paprika? i've never made them.
Cut the egg in half, scoop out the yolk, mush it up with mayo and mustard and the recipes vary from there; add any or all of: onions, parsely, black pepper, salt, paprika. I've heard of people using ketchup, sour cream, hot pepper sauce, and/or Worcestershire sauce.

Scoop a mound of your mixture back into the egg. Add a little more Paprika or pepper on top for looks or extra flavor.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
binary visions said:
Cut the egg in half, scoop out the yolk, mush it up with mayo and mustard and the recipes vary from there; add any or all of: onions, parsely, black pepper, salt, paprika. I've heard of people using ketchup, sour cream, hot pepper sauce, and/or Worcestershire sauce.

Scoop a mound of your mixture back into the egg. Add a little more Paprika or pepper on top for looks or extra flavor.

chow chow, my grandma's sweet chow chow makes deviled eggs