Quantcast

the eLeCtIoN fRaUd thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well this is interesting.

I know that a convicted felon has his voting rights curtailed and they are not always restored upon release again depending upon location.
( btw, in Canuckinstan, even if serving a custodial sentence, they retain the right to vote. )
What I did not know is that a convicted felon is not prohibited from running or winning the presidency.

WTF?

Can somebody please explain the logic used behind this decision?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I know that a convicted felon has his voting rights curtailed and they are not always restored upon release again depending upon location.
( btw, in Canuckinstan, even if serving a custodial sentence, they retain the right to vote. )
What I did not know is that a convicted felon is not prohibited from running or winning the presidency.

WTF?

Logic in US government ? Lol, that’s a good one. Lawmakers, even the ones who cry for the Constitution, are not required to have any working knowledge of how our government (or democracy for that matter) works. But a non elected governmental position usually requires an applicant to pass the Civil Services test.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

WTF?

Well, because you serve your sentence and then its done? Rather than every infraction being a “life sentence” of punishments (in theory)?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Well, because you serve your sentence and then its done? Rather than every infraction being a “life sentence” of punishments (in theory)?
It just struck me as strange that you could run for or hold an office that you could not cast a vote for in the election.

IMO - you are still a citizen, therefore you should be able to vote.

<edit> Although I could see the validity of the argument that if you are convicted of treason or sedition etc that you loose your voting rights.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It just struck me as strange that you could run for or hold an office that you could not cast a vote for in the election.

IMO - you are still a citizen, therefore you should be able to vote.

<edit> Although I could see the validity of the argument that if you are convicted of treason or sedition etc that you loose your voting rights.
Yeah, depends is best idea IMO.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

:rofl:
If they make Walmart a drop location, it could be a game changer (I don't mail ours, I put them in the box at city hall).