Quantcast

The emperor spoke

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Q Yes, Ari, two questions, please. Yesterday's, or last night's press conference was the eighth formal press conference President Bush has held in almost 26 months in office, and the first one in about four months, plus. Are we going to start seeing the President more often in formal press conferences?

.......................................................................................................

Q Last night, after the fifth time he looked down at an apparent list of reporters, he smiled and he said, this is scripted.

MR. FLEISCHER: Are you going to complain he didn't call on you?

Q No, no, no. No, no. Which surely suggests that he did not write that script which gave two questions to one network, two questions to one wire service, and one to other vague and wealthy media -- but left all the rest, including Helen Thomas, ruled out in advance of any chance to ask, and left to serve only as window dressing.

And my question is, since you are always fair, Ari, in recognizing all of us, who was it that wrote that script that the President confessed to? Was it Karl Rove or Karen or who?

MR. FLEISCHER: It was me who gave the President a suggestion on the reporters to call. And the President called on all reporters, the President did not call on any columnists.

Mark.

Q Wait a minute --

MR. FLEISCHER: No, Lester, we're going to go to the -- Lester, we're moving on.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Not related, but there was a huge link on www.whitehouse.gov for presidential biographies. Of course, I picked on GW's, and noticed this. Is this true? Did the man actually fly a plane?

"........He received a bachelor's degree from Yale University in 1968, then served as an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. President Bush received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975....."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yup, he flew fighter jets... what that bio failed to mention was that he went AWOL from the service in like 72 or 73 for more than a year.