Quantcast

The End is Extremely ****ing Nigh!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So I was just watching this thing on History Channel about prophecies and the world ending in 2012. This blog has a breakdown of most of it... whatever...

http://aphroditeastrology.com/2007/05/web-bot-project-and-2012.html

...anyway, regardless of whether you buy it or not, let's assume that somehow it could be confirmed that the world was "ending" or that at least the vast majority of the population would die off.

What would you do with your last 4 years? Bunker down? Get wasted? Dress up like Knights of medieval times and prance around the park on weekends? Indiscriminate sex? Confess and live piously for the remainder of the time? Ride your MTB across the continent?

4 years. What would you do?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I think I would spend a good bit of time with the family... do some fishing. I would sit around a camp fire and drink beer and talk sh*t with friends a few times a week. I would stop clipping my toenails altogether just to see how long they got.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is why I never believe this dooms day crap.

If you look back in history, it seems to me all religions have had some sort of "dooms day" mythology within their core teachings. They use the leverage of a dooms day to scare people into believing their religions so they can be saved when all the other humans are dead.

Enjoy life now, phuck dooms day.