Quantcast

The end of a long ad campaign for Geico.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Will the spider be filling in for the gecko? That thing is enormous I hope it lives somewhere with an ocean between here and there.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Damn thats a wicked looking spider. Those brown and greyish spiders freak me out. I've owned 2 tarantulas before. This is my last one at 8 years old. It's about as big as my hand.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
these two where hanging out by the front door of my office a couple of summers ago.. the male was missing by the end of the day.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wow - is that for real!
Yes, that is a Goliath Bird spider. Misnamed for it doesnt really hunt Birds, aside from the chance happening. Mice, Rats, Lizards Etc are all items on its regular Menu. I will look to se If I can find any other pics to give a really good Idea to the size of this Spider

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal

see those black things behind him? Yeah, gotta love Thailand and their love for tarantulas for food. *shiver*

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
While the GBS is Impressive in its size, Its relativly harmless to people.

One to worry about, it the Starburst Baboon Tarantula. This one is an aggressive little bastard that will bite the Holy hell out of you. Hurts Like a holy Hell, makes you sick as crap..... Not really deadly Unless you happen to go into Anaphelatic<sp> shock.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
how about walking into your bathroom and seeing this on the ceiling.
So should I take a picture of the spiders living in my house?

I can not figure out why I have so many when there is no bugs in the house for them to life on.:disgust:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The mighty spider from my house in Wellington.

That spider is bad ass, he ripped the head right off the fly...