Quantcast

The end of an era....Blurgirl no more

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Congrats MBG on the new bike and build. I'm jealous. :drool:

golgiaparatus said:
As for the star nut... . The park tool cost like $100 (F that for a tool that you use once evert 2-3 years).
Say what? Try $18 from Excelsports.com

The cutting guide is nice to have as well and not too much of a luxury at $30.

I also have the Bicycle Research race setter and King cup adapters with a 7/8" nut/bolt/washer combo for installing headsets.

...also have file boxes of cables, housing and bottles of various ends from BTI...

And yet I haven't built a bike in years now.... :rolleyes: Oh well...

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
WOW, congrats on the sweet new ride MBC! Can't wait to see you ripping up the trails on it...you've got to come up to 'Nam and play.

And not to mention you just totally rock for building it up yourself. :thumb:

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
I was supposed to - put in for a vacation day and everything. But instead I got squeezed in for a neurology consult at 10:30 AM in Worcester. :( Sucks to miss the ride, but I'm having some sorta scary symptoms that I need to get checked out. Really bummed that I'm missing hitting the trails with y'all AND Soapstone AND your inaguaral ride.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
Joke #1)
I now know that you spend all your time on your bike, and not weeding your lawn around the Gnome.:D

Joke 2)
Okay, where's the guy off to the side of the camera that's putting it together before you step in for the picture? JUST KIDDING!

On a serious non joke note...

A girl that likes to ride, AND takes her own bike apart. DAYUM! You're a rarity. I keep dating "Ol darn, I broke a nail," types...

Nice ride. And good job putting it together. Looks very sweet. I'm on an air ride in the rear too. I love it. Nice fork travel. 140... that's six inches. Nice. What's the rear travel? SIX too?

Chunky Munkey said:
Joke #1)
I now know that you spend all your time on your bike, and not weeding your lawn around the Gnome.:D

Joke 2)
Okay, where's the guy off to the side of the camera that's putting it together before you step in for the picture? JUST KIDDING!

On a serious non joke note...

A girl that likes to ride, AND takes her own bike apart. DAYUM! You're a rarity. I keep dating "Ol darn, I broke a nail," types...

Nice ride. And good job putting it together. Looks very sweet. I'm on an air ride in the rear too. I love it. Nice fork travel. 140... that's six inches. Nice. What's the rear travel? SIX too?
You should see the REST of the UNweeded yard! LOL

Thanks. As with home improvements, I tend to be much better on the demolition side than the construction side. :rofl:

It's 5 in the back and 5.5 in the front!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ian F said:
Congrats MBG on the new bike and build. I'm jealous. :drool:

Say what? Try $18 from Excelsports.com

The cutting guide is nice to have as well and not too much of a luxury at $30.

I also have the Bicycle Research race setter and King cup adapters with a 7/8" nut/bolt/washer combo for installing headsets.

...also have file boxes of cables, housing and bottles of various ends from BTI...

And yet I haven't built a bike in years now.... :rolleyes: Oh well...
Sorry, I was thinking about the race setting 'system'... Still... friggin bolt with 2 nuts on it still works just fine.

I also have every tool I need to completely assemble a bike... well, minus the crank puller, but the next time I need I'm going to get the universal Pedro's one from Jenson at $15. The thinkg is I assemble and work on bikes all the time, I am the LBS for most of my friends... as long as they supply the parts.

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
The Toninator said:
I use a pipe cutter then file everything down nice flush and smooth.

dam and here i thought i was the only person that uses a pipe cutter, hacksaws are nice but i can git a better cut from a pipe cutter.