Quantcast

@@@ the end @@@

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man. I had to log into work at 1:45 this morning to test a system upgrade go-live production cutover. I am just a lowly functional user though so it was pretty simple stuff, unlike the shit the IT people need to do. I was back in bed at 3:15, and now I am in the office for the workday putting in my obligatory in-person time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. Already tired because of shitty sleep.

Hopefully this coffee helps.

:twitch:

4 hours of sleep last night, anxiety through the roof. Fucking cars.
Part of me wishes that I lived in the Southwest, just so that it'd be easier to work on my own car.

I know that I need to do the front brakes on my car, if I'm keeping it for another year. But damn looking at those bolts when I did the tires a few weeks ago has me questioning if I should even attempt it. Might be better off to take the labor up the ass and let it be someone elses problem.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. rain to taper off by mid morning. wish it was snow. daughter home sick, 100° fever and tired. no other symptoms thankfully. she was upset she wasn't going to school because today is pajama day and she has some sweet new star wars xmas jams to rock.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Two newly acquired sharp edged tools arrived in the mailbox at 6:45AM, so that's nice. Beers in Czech-ish brewery with colleague buddy in the afternoon, so that's also nice. Shitloads of rain so I think I'll test drive the new bushing tool, soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo peoples

working in the hospital today, 7-4, reading inpatient studies for this and that

then off until the 27th (but moonlighting this weekend to help out the next Monday crew that is working/to get paid $$$$)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
slept bonzers. woked up, got on the bike, rode for an hour. HR is higher than I would like but I'm getting back into the swing. Will sticker up the spookeh this weekend, that should be cool

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I know that I need to do the front brakes on my car, if I'm keeping it for another year. But damn looking at those bolts when I did the tires a few weeks ago has me questioning if I should even attempt it. Might be better off to take the labor up the ass and let it be someone elses problem.
This is why all cars need opposing piston calipers that allow you to remove the pads and retract the pistons through the back of the caliper. I could do brakes on my Discovery in like 40 minutes for all 4 corners, it was glorious. My wife's Ford has stupid threaded pistons in the read brakes that have to be screwed back in, WTF is that shit? No way those survive the salt-belt

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Working 5 days a week feels like 4 days too many. Boss told me to use up my sick time before the end of the year, so guess I'll take some mental health days?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Working 5 days a week feels like 4 days too many. Boss told me to use up my sick time before the end of the year, so guess I'll take some mental health days?
I mean yeah, if they won't bank them and there are no laws that tell them to do so, use those suckers up!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Supposed to visit 7 facilities today. Doesnt help that the two farthest from each other are over 100 miles apart. FML. To top things off spouse says she wants a cat door installed tomorrow, out of the blue. I dont have the mental capacity for that at the moment.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I mean yeah, if they won't bank them and there are no laws that tell them to do so, use those suckers up!
I'm pretty honest and only use sick days when I'm sick. We get 6 a year that are use it or lose it. I've probably only used 3 or 4 total over the past 2.5 years.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm pretty honest and only use sick days when I'm sick. We get 6 a year that are use it or lose it. I've probably only used 3 or 4 total over the past 2.5 years.
Use them!!!!!!!!!!! Its what they're there for.

I am sure there is some bean counter somewhere collecting stats on that sort of thing. "hey management directors, see only 24.7% of our workforce use their sick days. We can cut them down, save money and everybody wins. Win win nright, right?!"

But I mean really, sick day, personal day, feel like shit day, lazy day, sick skids bro day etc. They're there for you. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hey @canadmos , hearing the neurorad across the cubicle wall from me talk about idiopathic intracranial hypertension made me realize we haven't had any updates on you lately

still on the annoying metal-taste acetazolamide? lost weight as they demanded of you?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
using a sick day for when you're sick of dealing with work bullshit is technically an appropriate usage. that's how most of mine are typically used.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
hey @canadmos , hearing the neurorad across the cubicle wall from me talk about idiopathic intracranial hypertension made me realize we haven't had any updates on you lately

still on the annoying metal-taste acetazolamide? lost weight as they demanded of you?
yo. Still downing those nasty pills. Had one get stuck to the roof of my mouth the other morning, where is quickly disintegrated and left that horrible taste coating my mouth. :s

I've lost a bit of weight, I should do a better job though. And I'm going to. I lost ten pounds since starting the pills, which I attribute purely due to essentially no beer intake (in comparison to before).

The doctor said that the swelling on my optic nerves and eyeballs is trending in the correct direction though, so that's good. He also had me book the next follow-up a bit further out than all previous ones, so it must be working?