Quantcast

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
A friend did that a Whistler yesterday with an SRS+. Bent crank tab, broken bash ring, bent chainring but the bike was rideable to the bottom. The funny thing was that he wasn't really sure where it happened.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
A friend did that a Whistler yesterday with an SRS+. Bent crank tab, broken bash ring, bent chainring but the bike was rideable to the bottom. The funny thing was that he wasn't really sure where it happened.
ive been debating on the SRS+ now since ive bent two backplates already, but i think the same thing can still happen like with your friend.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I've been pretty happy with my LG1 but I've been thinking about the SRS+ too. I think I'm going to stick with the LG1 for now though.

May 31, 2010
Just about to flex the old plastic and get a revolt ordered up, but am unsure which fork to go with - BOXXER Team or Fox 40, as the Fox is $450 US more.

Live up in Vancouver, so mainly hit up the Shore, Squamish, Whistler etc... so fair bit of freeride, with possibly doing some racing later in the summer.

Anyone have any suggestions? do you reckon 40 is worth $450 US more? What would I lose by going with the BOXXER? bit more stiffness?

I'm 5"6' and around 155-160lbs

Any help would be greatly appreciated....wanna get the thing ordered!!

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Go for the Fox 40. I just put one on my Revolt and like it a lot more than the 2007 Boxxer I had on there. My Boxxer was well cared for and had the Push rebound valve too. It's hard to believe but the 40 just goes where you want it to. My only experience with the 2010 Boxxer is with the one sitting in my living room right now that needs to back into the shop again to get fixed. It was one of the very early ones and seems to have had problems from the start.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Go for the Fox 40. I just put one on my Revolt and like it a lot more than the 2007 Boxxer I had on there. My Boxxer was well cared for and had the Push rebound valve too. It's hard to believe but the 40 just goes where you want it to. My only experience with the 2010 Boxxer is with the one sitting in my living room right now that needs to back into the shop again to get fixed. It was one of the very early ones and seems to have had problems from the start.
Call Sram about your fork. We had a customer with a sticky Race model and called Sram, described the problem, and got told to just send it in. They upgraded the guy to a Team! It showed up, we took it out, threw in his Race and sent it back... ;)

As for the 40, we've lost count of the different torn bladders we've changed out. (2009 models and older.) Either fork is a good choice IMO, but no fork is without it's faults.

Now, any more derailments?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Just about to flex the old plastic and get a revolt ordered up, but am unsure which fork to go with - BOXXER Team or Fox 40, as the Fox is $450 US more.

Live up in Vancouver, so mainly hit up the Shore, Squamish, Whistler etc... so fair bit of freeride, with possibly doing some racing later in the summer.

Anyone have any suggestions? do you reckon 40 is worth $450 US more? What would I lose by going with the BOXXER? bit more stiffness?

I'm 5"6' and around 155-160lbs

Any help would be greatly appreciated....wanna get the thing ordered!!
Boxxer

I love my 2010 team. It tracks like my 07 888 WC but has adjustments that work and a manual for tuning/rebuild.

I'm 5' 10" and ~165 lbs

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
Latest update from Gabe:

Our engineer is arriving in Taiwan today to visit the factory and preform a q/c on all of the bikes.
We hope to have all bikes moving by the end of the week.

We will know more in the the next 48 hours on details.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
This ...is... killing meeeee! :shakefist:

"at latest in the first week of may" sounded much better come to think about first week of june passing just now :(

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Latest update from Gabe:

Our engineer is arriving in Taiwan today to visit the factory and preform a q/c on all of the bikes.
We hope to have all bikes moving by the end of the week.

We will know more in the the next 48 hours on details.
There is so much mis-information out there its getting pretty tough to sort fact from fiction, I don't really even understand what the above post even means.

Its pretty hard to get excited or even believe any one regarding WTF is going on with the frames at this point. One more week I'm sure. Then just one more week. Then only 1.5 weeks away. Should be next week. The season is passing me by, nobodies fault but mine but I wish I had a solid date to go by to decide if its worth it to wait or not, at this point I just want to ride.

Rant over and yes I understand this is the way of things in the bike industry but its getting a little ridiculous.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
It is ridiculous that this is the way that the bike industry is.

I saw Gabe for a few minutes on Friday afternoon and saw Kevin and Evan over the weekend at Whistler. Evan was racing and then leaving directly from there to factory to inspect the frames before they got shipped. I think some have arrived here but the rest had not been inspected yet.

I know the guys at Evil are working hard to get the bikes out there. Their best intentions don't put bikes into the hands of riders but from what I know of them they are just as frustrated by the delays as everyone else. I know that Kevin gave up his own personal bike for one of the WC riders earlier in the spring. It's not like they have this easy access to all the bikes they want and they are just blowing off shipping them to shops.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan

It's not like they have this easy access to all the bikes they want and they are just blowing off shipping them to shops.
Well obviously, I'm not expecting magic to happen I just want to know what is really going on instead of all this non answering it'll be here in a week or so garbage. I'd be happy with a blog post or a website update letting all of those who ordered frames months ago know what is going on and what they can expect. I'm sure they are inundated with e-mails at the moment and a simple update would alleviate a great many of them I would imagine.

BTW what happened to SKC SKATODD and the rest of the dudes that used to post lots in the early days of this and the countdown threads?

Last edited:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
I'm a Sunday hobby rider myself so I don't even wanna put myself in the shoes of people that actually race these bikes but from my pov its easier to wait for something if I know an exact or approximative date then just postponing stuff one week at a time, I have been keen on getting my bike ready for about a month now, from what the guys at Evil said, and that was their " latest " approximation. I also canceled on a few trips already also.
I thought only Romanians are crap at working on schedule but I guess its the same thing all over... well except with the Germans and Japanese people, they are usually spot-on keeping deadlines :)

P.S. at least my frame is arriving air-wise so that should be faster than being carried by Popeye :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
They are busting their butts on getting you guys your frames. Now that Evan is in Taiwan I'm sure things should be getting sorted out and frames shipped.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
BTW what happened to SKC SKATODD and the rest of the dudes that used to post lots in the early days of this and the countdown threads?
SkaTodd works for GT now and SKC had said he's been busy moving and with school. he is friends with the guys there and doesnt work for them (afaik)

I thought only Romanians are crap at working on schedule but I guess its the same thing all over... well except with the Germans and Japanese people, they are usually spot-on keeping deadlines :)
youve obviously never worked or dealt with a Japanese company have you? :rolleyes:

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
It's not just the bike industry, actually seen the exact same thing happening way too many times with smaller indie ski brands having their production delayed well into the season. All of them enthusiast driven companies with great, cutting edge, products but constantly getting production and delivery dates pushed back time after time by their factories. Being a small player in an industry dominated by a few colossal giants is not easy business.

Last edited:

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
youve obviously never worked or dealt with a Japanese company have you? :rolleyes:
Only Yazaki and Takata ;)

Also I get the whole small company being put aside to meet the needs of bigger ones... thats life :(

Anywho, at least I'm glad the crappy rainy weather is still keeping my thirst for riding at bay, its far easier to wait for the bike like this than on a sunny day :D

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Funny how this went from a tuning thread to a "where's my frame" thread...

At least you guys haven't been waiting as long as my friend Brian. He ordered his frame in December!

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
I ran into Gabe a couple days ago and I can assure you that they are doing everything possible to get this sorted out. Those guys are want this to be looked after more than anyone. They are crazy busy with everything and are working their butts off.

Being patient isn't easy but it will be worth it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
for the record, no one in this thread works fort Evil, including SKC.... He tries his best to help everyone out and get facts but do not hold him accountable.
that was going to be my next response. i know he is trying to help out and he does his best, but people should be checking directly with their reseller and or directly with Evil if its that pertinent.

Last edited:

Svobodarider

Chimp
Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Guys, does anyone of you know, how they will transport the frames? By ship or by plane? And will they send the frames to the dealers directly from the factory or to their headquarters at first and then to the dealers?