Quantcast

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

*NOTE*: The Thread Direction markings on the main pivot hardware on the first few batches of frames were etched showing the incorrect direction. PM me if you are tearing down your Revolt for end of season maintanence and I'll help you sort this out.

-Cheers! :)

General Measurments:
Head Tube Diameter: 1.5" (adjustable +/- 1 degree)
Head Tube Length (Stack Height): Small and Medium: 120mm, Large and XL: 140mm
BB: 83mm
Chainguide Mount: ISCG 05’
Seat Post: 30.9mm
Seat Collar: 34.9mm
Rear Hub: 150mm x 12mm
Shock: 9.5" x 3.0"
Shock Hardware: Front (22mm x 10mm) // Rear (30mm x 10mm)

Stock Components & Frame Settings Out of The Box:
- Shock: 2010 FOX DHX RC4
- Stock Spring Rates:
Sm=250#
Med/Lg=300#
XL=350#
- Flip Chips slack, headtube steep // 13.8", 64°

Frame Warranty:
2 Years from the date of purchase.

Features:
DELTA Suspension
Flip Chips
Off Set Shock

Production Geometry and Available Sizes:

*NOTE: These are the actual production figures for the bikes that are coming off the line.

Shock Options:(as of 11/20/09)
FOX DHX 5.0
FOX RC4
Elka Stage 5
Cane Creek Double Barrel
Rock Shox Vivid 5.1 & 4.1

Spring Rates AND Shock Tuning:

FOX RC4:

Stock Spring Rates for DHX 5.0 & RC4:
For spring rates, the frames come delivered with:

w/ DHX5.0(First production run of 50 frames)
Sm=300#
Med=350#
Lg=400#

w/ RC4
Sm=250#
Med/Lg=300#
XL=350#

Fox has recommended running 50# lower spring rates on the RC4 than you would run on the DHX5.0.

FWIW, I am running 400# spring and am approx 200lbs. I am pretty much on money with the sag. Maybe would need a 425# spring but a 450# would be too much.
-ska todd

ROCKSHOX VIVID 5.1:
The Rockshox Vivid 5.1 comes in 3 available tuning configurations from their factory. The "A Tune", "B Tune", and "C Tune". dw, designer of the Revolt's suspension says:
The “A Tune" is what I recommend...
- dw

CCDB:
We have previously passed the leverage and wheel rate info to CC USA for their shock tuning. - ska Todd
…talk directly with Josh Coaplen. He knows what's up, I passed him the curves a while back and he and I have discussed them in person too. I haven't tested a bike with the data acquisition and the CCDB yet, but I'm confident that it can be made to work.
- dw

ELKA STAGE 5:
Originally Posted by IH8Rice
how does it(Elka Stage 5) feel compared to your Vivid that you had on there? im looking for more options...

Great compression adjustment, that actually works (what i liked about the Vivid). On the Elka it is nice to have both high and low speed compression adjustment though (compared to a DHX 5.0). If you know what you are doing and know how you want your bike to behave it comes in really handy for fine tuning.

All shocks have their pros/cons.... favorite part of this one is that it is super sensitive on the smallest of hits but does not use up too much of its travel and the progressive rebound is spot on. The cons would be that it could take a while to get set up correctly but Pat at Elka knows his stuff and they have a ton of guys testing and giving feedback so he is able to take the guess work out of the fine tuning.

I have no sponsorship obligation with them and could run whatever I want... I have a Fox (DHX 5.0), and a Vivid(5.1) for the Revolt both of which I have ridden extensively, and I had the Vivid 5.1 feeling super nice... but the Elka is staying put as it simply performs better for me.
-Dave Trump (Late Summer/early Fall 2009)
Originally Posted by Jason4
Dave-
I assume it is still intended to be an aftermarket shock and is purchased after the fact and built to order, custom valved for your riding style and weight from a Revolt baseline?...

My shock was built around the Revolt's leverage ratio, and I am not sure how far from that base line things were changed for my weight and compression prefs.

...what I was trying to say is that Elka has all the data they need from the folks at Evil to build you a shock & they have done some testing on the Revolt so it is possible to buy one aftermarket.
-Dave Trump

Frame:
2009 (First Year Production)

Material: Aluminum (details forthcoming)

Colors:

White (powder coat)

Black (bead blast anodize which give a matte/satin finish)

Frame Decals:
"Voice & Choice"
EVIL Revolts will ship with 7 complete decal kits:
Black
Gold
Silver
Green
Blue
Red
Lavender

*Notes:
The first production run of 50 frames were powder coat white with gold ano head tube sleeves and shipped with FOX DHX 5.0 shocks. In addition, another batch of 10 or so frames were also shipped with the now standard black ano head tube sleeve, but some were equipped with the 2010 DHX RC4 (or simply the "RC4") and some were equipped with the DHX 5.0. Both batches of frames (gold ano head tube sleeves and black ano head tube sleeves) did not have a continuously straight TT(no brace). :

Production frames succeeding the first 60 had black ano head tube sleeves and came equipped with the 2010 FOX DHX RC4 (or simply the “RC4”). However these frames featured a continously straight TT (i.e. - they had the seat tube brace):

In 2009 a VERY limited number of frames came in "Gun Metal Grey" ano.

Material: Aluminum (details forthcoming)

Colors:
White (powder coat)
Black (anodize)
*uncomfirmed as of 11/20/09* Fluorescent Yellow (powder coat)
*new* Gun Metal Grey (bead blast anodize which give a matte/satin finish)

Notes: TBA

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Adjustable Geo:
“I don't really have any interest in running a 14.25"bb or a 65 degree head angle so I'm probably not going to flip the chips just for the sake of it. But I know a lot of people who will really appreciate the option of not having to run a 13.7"bb all the time (How often have we heard that the Sunday is "too low" and it sits right at 14"?).

In reality, yes - the adjustments do exactly what they say. Dave and I both turned the headtube sleeve to the slackest position & the bike went from 64 to 63 degrees. As far as flipping the chips over in the swingarm it's a pretty straightforward and simple design. It looks like flipping them basically extends the swingarm to make the bb higher and repositions the shock to keep the leverage ratio constant. In the lowest position you can run a 63 or 64 degree head angle, and in the taller position you can run a 64 or 65. Should accomodate a lot of different riders' preferences.”
-General Lee
Originally Posted by -BB-:
Wow... 63 degree HT angle? Is that pretty much standard now? I've been away from the Mtnbike sites for a while...

Yep, and to think that a couple people have already asked me if they can run the (custom aftermarket) slacker HT cups that have been shown around on the board here. Mine is currently set with the slack FlipChips and the steep headangle. My HTA sits right about 64° with a BB of just under 14". I personally couldn't ask for a better geom set. I'm already riding the bike over my head and have had to say "you need to slow down so you can work tomorrow".
-ska todd
Floater (Floating Rear Brake):
Originally Posted by ohio:
Quick Q for DW and crew (and if history is any indication, DW will have an extensive response): why no floating brake?

To keep it simple, based on past experience and through testing with a few "mules" over the years, I didn't really feel that the benefits were great enough to justify the added cost, weight, and complexity. Instead, I was REALLY careful about where I put that main pivot. In my opinion, the benefits of optimizing for acceleration performance far outweigh the benefits of optimizing for braking performance, so I concentrated my efforts there first, with a mindful eye on what impact my choices had on braking.
-dw
Manufacture Origin:
Originally Posted by GPERKINS:
So are the revolts made overseas?

Not if you live in Taiwan.
-ska todd :)
“…I can't think of a factory outside Taiwan that could manufacture every detail of this bike as expertly. Even the USA and Canada factories source forgings and tubing from Taiwan. That's where the technology and cost has really matured in the last 20 years.
There are a lot of amazing factories that can machine and weld in North America, but it's tough to beat TW for sourcing complex formed tubes and forgings. As a result, the factories there have a lot of experience working with complex shapes / manufacturing techniques.”
- dw

Graphic Design - EVIL Bikes:

Jeremy Fish

http://www.sillypinkbunnies.com/

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Frame Kits and Complete Bike Info:

Frame Kits:

Completes:

For 2010 EVIL will be offering the Revolt in 2 build levels: The LTD. and the Premium.

LTD Complete:
Brakes:
2010 Formula The ONE w/ 203mm rotors

Drivetrain:
Shifter: 2010 Shimano SAINT Rapid Rise
Derailleur: 2010 Shimano SAINT short cage
Chain: 2010 Shimano CN-HG93
Cassette: 2010 Shimano Ultegra (12-27)
Cranks: 2010 FSA Gravity Light DH, MegaExo, 165mm
Chain Guide: 2010 e.thirteen LG1+

Cockpit:
Handlebars: 2010 FSA Gravity Light, 25mm rise
Stem: 2010 FSA Gravity Direct Connect DM
Saddle: 2010 WTB Devo Team w/ NiCro Rails

Wheels:
Rims: 2010 Mavic DeeMax
Hubs: 2010 Mavic DeeMax
Front: 110mm x 20mm
Rear: 150 150mm x 12mm

Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF, 3C, 2.5"

Suspension:
Rear Shock: 2010 FOX RC4 9.5” x 3.0”
Fork: 2010 FOX SHOX 40 RC2, 203mm TRAVEL W/ TITANIUM COIL SPRING

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Premium Complete:
Brakes:
2010 Formula RX w/ 203mm rotors

Drivetrain:
Shifter: 2010 SRAM X.7
Derailleur: 2010 SRAM X.9 short cage
Chain: 2010 SRAM PC-951
Cassette: 2010 SRAM PG-950 (11-28)
Cranks: 2010 FSA Gravity GAP DH, MegaExo, 165mm
Chain Guide: 2010 e.thirteen LS1 w/ Taco

Cockpit:
Handlebars: 2010 Gravity Maximus, 25mm rise
Stem: 2010 FSA Gravity Direct Connect DM
Saddle: 2010 WTB Devo Team

Wheels:
Rims: 2010 ALEX Supra 28 (welded)
Hubs: 2010 Formula Disc
Front: 2010 Formula DHL91 110mm x 20mm
Rear: 2010 Formula DHL150 150mm x 12mm

Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF, 3C, 2.5"

Suspension:
Rear Shock: 2010 FOX DHX 4.0 9.5" x 3.0"
Fork: 2010 Rock Shox Boxxer Team (w/ flat crown)

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
wow, you had some free time i see

also what do you mean continuously straight TT?
my first white one did not have the brace too. i also thought i had the first batch, but it didnt have the gold sleeve..guess i didnt

*Notes:
The first production run of 50 frames were powder coat white with gold ano head tube sleeves and had FOX DHX 5.0 shocks. In addition these frames did not have a continuously straight TT:

Last edited:

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Thats awesome! I love reading about the Revolt because personally I think its an interesting frame.. If only I afford one.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Cool, I got quoted.

One day this will become the behemoth that the Sunday thread is and it will be a very useful resource. I don't think I have anything to add now except that I'm 5'8" and 190lbs and I'm riding a medium with a 42mm stem and a 375# ti spring. I'd like to try a stiffer spring but I don't want to pay for one now. :)

Nice work. :thumb:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Cool, I got quoted.

One day this will become the behemoth that the Sunday thread is and it will be a very useful resource. I don't think I have anything to add now except that I'm 5'8" and 190lbs and I'm riding a medium with a 42mm stem and a 375# ti spring. I'd like to try a stiffer spring but I don't want to pay for one now. :)

Nice work. :thumb:
except that SKC went and ruined it by posting it all at the start of the thread, rather then waiting for years of trial and error and experience. Pretty lame, now there isn't much more to it. Weaksauce.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Thanks guys!

except that SKC went and ruined it by posting it all at the start of the thread, rather then waiting for years of trial and error and experience. Pretty lame, now there isn't much more to it. Weaksauce.
LoL... YES waiting for years of trial and error FIRST would have been the way a REAL man would have done it... however... we all learn from our mistakes. :D Putting together the "Sunday Thread" when I did was out of frustration and as it turned out, needed in the riding community. I too, wish I had done it sooner but I hadn't "communed" with a Sunday until the summer of 06'.

wow, you had some free time i see

also what do you mean continuously straight TT?
my first white one did not have the brace too. i also thought i had the first batch, but it didnt have the gold sleeve..guess i didnt
LoL - indeed!

The EVIL "Countdown" thread was only meant to help make the public more aware of delivery dates but then... well... it devolved into frequent pissing matches and other shenanigans. :disgust1: It detracts from the discussion and is counter-productive to informing riders. What I liked about the "Sunday Thread" was that people could reign it in and stay on topic with tech and tuning questions (at least while I was working on it). By maintaining a professional atmosphere more people reap benefits from the thread and come away from it with a positive experience.

Todd originally told me that the first batch of 50 had the gold ano head tube sleeves but apparently I made the incorrect assumption that these were also the only ones without the "brace". I double checked and the number of frames without the brace is more than 50 but less than 60. "Continuously Straight TT" was just my frame of reference when describing the Revolt in that area. "Brace" or "No Brace" also works. :)

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im finally ditching my RC4 for a CCDB and also my 888 for a new Dorado...cant wait for next year already!
i need a new chain guide too apparently. my G2 is bent to hell as well as my chain ring..

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nice!

The Ohlins/CCDB is a great shock - Herndon and a lot of other pros did a TON of testing with them. The final product is pretty impressive. So far so good with the Dorado. After a full season of racing, a buddy of mine who rides for GIANT says he loves his.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
Any idea what's different about the Obtanium RC4 spring? I have an Obtanium spring on my RC4 already and it seems to do what springs do with no rubbing. I assume it's just the stroke issue that will be addressed?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Any idea what's different about the Obtanium RC4 spring? I have an Obtanium spring on my RC4 already and it seems to do what springs do with no rubbing. I assume it's just the stroke issue that will be addressed?
From what I understood from talking with both Ska Todd back in July and more recently Jim at Obtanium, there wasn't a large supply of RC4-specific Ti springs in 2009 since the RC4 was a new product release (2010). The main concern was to ensure that the I.D. (Inner Diameter) was the proper size so that under compression the spring wouldn't rub against the shock body. In addition, the O.D. (Outer Diameter) must have enough clearance to fit between the reservoir and the shock body. To do this requires making a specific winding thickness (diameter) of Ti coil wire.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
did anybody measured the wheelbase of an L size? i would really like to know how long it is. i tried an M size(i am 176 cm) and found it really small. it didn't felt o.k! there was not "enough bike" in front of me. i had a medium Demo this season, and i am in the process of getting an Revolt.
Thanks!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
did anybody measured the wheelbase of an L size? i would really like to know how long it is. i tried an M size(i am 176 cm) and found it really small. it didn't felt o.k! there was not "enough bike" in front of me. i had a medium Demo this season, and i am in the process of getting an Revolt.
Thanks!
istratetm - the info you seek is posted in a Geo Chart on the front page along with just about everything else you could possibly think of. LoL. :D Just scroll down a bit to find it!

EDIT: The wheel base of a Large is between 1175mm and 1187mm depending on what Flip Chip and head tube angles you are using. The difference between these two wheel base measurements for a Large and the two wheel base measurements for a Medium is about 26mm(1175-1149) and 20mm(1187-1167) respectively.

Hmmm interesting. Which Demo 8 do you currently ride? The first generation ones (2005-2006) or the newer ones (2007 - present)? If you came off a Medium Demo 8, then typically you would feel comfortable on a Medium Revolt. I am about 180cm tall and have tested both the Large and the Medium Revolt coming off both a Medium Sunday and a Medium first generation Demo 8. Based on my riding style - I decided on a Medium Revolt - but that's just my personal preference.

If you feel like you don't have enough bike in front of you then definitely go with the Large.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
istratetm - the info you seek is posted in a Geo Chart on the front page along with just about everything else you could possibly think of. LoL. :D Just scroll down a bit to find it!

EDIT: The wheel base of a Large is between 1175mm and 1187mm depending on what Flip Chip and head tube angles you are using. The difference between these two wheel base measurements for a Large and the two wheel base measurements for a Medium is about 26mm(1175-1149) and 20mm(1187-1167) respectively.

Hmmm interesting. Which Demo 8 do you currently ride? The first generation ones (2005-2006) or the newer ones (2007 - present)? If you came off a Medium Demo 8, then typically you would feel comfortable on a Medium Revolt. I am about 180cm tall and have tested both the Large and the Medium Revolt coming off both a Medium Sunday and a Medium first generation Demo 8. Based on my riding style - I decided on a Medium Revolt - but that's just my personal preference.

If you feel like you don't have enough bike in front of you then definitely go with the Large.

Hope this helps!
i was reading the first page and your answer really helped. i was asking because i was reading a geometry chart somewhere else that stated other measurements(shorter wheelbases). It was Evil site i guess.
Regarding my current bike is a 2009 Demo 8 with 1205 mm wheelbase. Keep in mind that the rear is 421 mm, so there is plenty of space in front.
So i guess the Large will be just fine for me.
The suspension on Revolts is amazing. On my Demo i had to tweek and tune my shock and re-shim it to feel right and it was quite linear.
The Revolt covers that area. Hope the numbers suit me!
Thanks!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Does DW pay y'all so that threads featuring his bikes get stickied? Just noticed a pattern and was curious.
LoL - actually the real reason is far less interesting.

I don't get paid by anyone for any of this. The same held true when I was doing the Tech and Tuning thread for Iron Horse. The reason the EVIL thread was made sticky is because EVIL is extremely busy and has been since it debuted as a new company about a year ago. Due to this, and since it's hard to find a lot of info about the Revolt all in one place - I thought I would do another Tech and Tuning thread to help out EVIL and riders alike. The mods who handle things here saw that the info I put up filled a need so - here we are! :)

istratetm - glad I could help! The geo table on EVIL's website actually reflects measurements from the prototypes and not the actual production bikes. This will be changed in the coming months.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
From what I understood from talking with both Ska Todd back in July and more recently Jim at Obtanium, there wasn't a large supply of RC4-specific Ti springs in 2009 since the RC4 was a new product release (2010). The main concern was to ensure that the I.D. (Inner Diameter) was the proper size so that under compression the spring wouldn't rub against the shock body. In addition, the O.D. (Outer Diameter) must have enough clearance to fit between the reservoir and the shock body. To do this requires making a specific winding thickness (diameter) of Ti coil wire.
I have an Obtanium spring that I bought from Jim at the last PA Fluidride race and it actually doesn't rub and the stock Fox spring was rubbing pretty badly on the shock body. The only think I'm concerned about is the shock stroke/spring stroke. The stock Fox spring is stamped as a 3.25 and the Obtanium spring is stamped as a 3.00 stroke which is the same as the shock IIRC.

I would feel more comfortable with a 3.25" spring but all the Evil bikes around here are running the same spring that I have and seem to be having luck with it.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
I have an Obtanium spring that I bought from Jim at the last PA Fluidride race and it actually doesn't rub and the stock Fox spring was rubbing pretty badly on the shock body. The only think I'm concerned about is the shock stroke/spring stroke. The stock Fox spring is stamped as a 3.25 and the Obtanium spring is stamped as a 3.00 stroke which is the same as the shock IIRC.

I would feel more comfortable with a 3.25" spring but all the Evil bikes around here are running the same spring that I have and seem to be having luck with it.

fox stamps their springs with the travel it takes to coil bind the spring... everyone else prints the shock stroke the spring is designed for.

the 2.25, 2.75, and 3.25 fox springs are the same as everyone else's 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 springs

edit: roger beat me too it

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Jason - exactly what wisco and Dave said!

In other words the 3.0" Obtainium spring will work just as well as the 3.25" FOX spring. Additionally, because Ti springs typically have fewer windings they have slightly more room before coil bind.

If you use the spacer provided by Obtainium with your Ti spring you should be good to go!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
anyone else have a CCDB on their frame? im trying to figure out what size spring i need.
my 500# spring on my RC4 is too much and the 400# was WAY too soft....so is it safe to say a 450# would be fine?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Rice - Carnaza has a CCDB on his Revolt - as a matter of fact - I'm pretty sure the pimped out black ano one with the silver DeeMax wheels on the front page is his.

Try dropping him a line - he may be able to help.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Rice - Carnaza has a CCDB on his Revolt - as a matter of fact - I'm pretty sure the pimped out black ano one with the silver DeeMax wheels on the front page is his.

Try dropping him a line - he may be able to help.
yeah i did that after i posted. there was someone else from the countdown thread who had one too, but only had 1 post

superpi

Chimp
Oct 14, 2009
Thanks!

Hi istratem,
I'm 6.0 (183cm) and I ride a Large and it's perfect. Before I rode a medium Iron horse sunday and the down tube was longer than on my large evil mesure at 600mm
Wheel base on mine is : 1195mm with low bottom bracket and slack angle on the front. My fork is 583mm (marzzo wc evo) from axle to crown. With this setup the reach is about 405mm and the stack is nearly 600mm . I hope it'll help you to compare with your demo

Pierre

Glisseur

Chimp
Jan 16, 2009
Åre, Sweden
I'm 6'1" and wasn't sure if I should go for a size L or XL. So I figured the best thing to do was to go directly to the source, meaning Gabe:

"I would suggest at 6'1" to go for a large bike. I don't suggest moving into an XL bike until you are 6'3" or so."

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I'm 6'1" and wasn't sure if I should go for a size L or XL. So I figured the best thing to do was to go directly to the source, meaning Gabe:

"I would suggest at 6'1" to go for a large bike. I don't suggest moving into an XL bike until you are 6'3" or so."
Yup - exactly.

I'll post up a sizing chart in a few days on the main page to give everyone a better idea of what size frame would be the best fit for them.

still waiting on my bushings/bearings.................two weeks now
Rice - when I last spoke with Gabe on the 3rd, he said they were shipped so I'd give it 7 to 10 days for delievery. If your parts don't show up by the 13th then I'll check with Gabe.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
a one mister Kevin Walsh has sent me what i was looking for. it seems the bearings are a bit different than the stock ones....but not sure how they are different.
do you think its really necessary to use new i-links?

now my days of unemployment can be used to reassemble my bike

thanks SKC...i was getting antsy

Last edited:

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
If Kevin sent you new I-links I would use them. I also got some new bearings and bushings from Kevin but haven't taken the time to tear my bike down to replace the bearings yet.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If Kevin sent you new I-links I would use them. I also got some new bearings and bushings from Kevin but haven't taken the time to tear my bike down to replace the bearings yet.
well its not like i specifically asked for it. i originally just needed bushing/bearings, but even CRC sells the rebuild kit with new I-links..the stock ones seem fine.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
well its not like i specifically asked for it. i originally just needed bushing/bearings, but even CRC sells the rebuild kit with new I-links..the stock ones seem fine.
they are in there because they are just part of the rebuild "kit" so to speak... Replace what is worn, keep everything else for spares. or at least keep the old ones around as spares.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they are in there because they are just part of the rebuild "kit" so to speak... Replace what is worn, keep everything else for spares. or at least keep the old ones around as spares.
yeah, thats what i did. the original ones are in fine shape, so i didnt use the new ones.