Quantcast

the exhilarating world of bedsheets!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
since you cant go wrong with rm advice... i bring to you my newest tribulation.

so, i like thick 400+ (real) thread bedsheets, like the kind you find at good hotels. my wife likes sateen sheets.
i´ve got a king viscoelastic bed (retains a lot of heat and its fairly deep, like 1ft); and am looking to stock up sheets for next year.

ill try to make a few sight unseen online purchases (since good sheets are like $500+ in Lima) and my wife will pick them up in a few weeks.

what sheets under $100 do you recommend? there seem to be quite a few nice ones (600 threads) on amazon for like 80 bucks....

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I can tell you this, make sure they are deeper than the bed. I have a euro pillowtop that we put a 2-3" memory foam to on that makes the bed 20" deep, and it's nearly impossible to find sheets under $150 for it and I have a black lab who loves to spend quality time during the day on the bed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Buy a 100 count bag of Marbles. When she mentions bedsheets again start repeating the phrase 100 count. Then get the bag of marbles and give them to her. Act all confused when she asks you why you gave her the bag of marbles. Do not let her give them back until she counts them. Your welcome....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
We have viscoelastic mattress that I find hot without a topper, we now use a down topper that's cool all year. I've also used chi chi count sheets that I didn't like because they were always rumpled. The ones we have now are cotton 300 count - under $200 for a king and will fit up to 20 inches. We bought the at Nordstoms in Seattle but they are also available on line.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If we are helpful and properly answer his question. We may ruin RM.

Westy inspired me to go to the basement and get my box of hides out. Man do they smell....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
] box of hides out. Man do they smell....
The risk of tanning hides without chromium. Yeah, less polluting methods are popular these days but pulling out a skin and having the nipples still supple and it still smelling of knock-off L'air Du Temps is priceless.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
pulling out a skin and having the nipples still supple and it still smelling of knock-off L'air Du Temps is priceless.
I was going to drop this into the out-of-context thread, but I'm not sure pulling it out of context actually makes it any weirder.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
IMO 400 isn't really that high. they're certainly not crap by any means, but if you can get your hands on something 600-800ct then def go for it.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I didn't think I cared about sheets until I bought a $15 sheet set from walmart when I first moved into my house. I kept those for one night and took them back. I ended up having mom pick out a set of Ralph Lauren sheets for me. I don't know the thread count but they felt a million times better. I think they were around $200 for the set.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got some real nice 500 count bamboo sheets that I love. They are also deep, so they fit my overly thick matres. I got them on clearance or something, but they were less than $100. Big Lots, Ross, I can't remember.

I know Costco also has some nice sheets for a lot less than $200.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
ill try to make a few sight unseen online purchases (since good sheets are like $500+ in Lima) and my wife will pick them up in a few weeks.

what sheets under $100 do you recommend? there seem to be quite a few nice ones (600 threads) on amazon for like 80 bucks....
My sheets were $40 from TJ Max. Will they still work? :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
IMO 400 isn't really that high. they're certainly not crap by any means, but if you can get your hands on something 600-800ct then def go for it.
i know. but the thing is, i´ll buy online, so i cant actually test the sellers claims.
many of the prices i´ve seen for 800ct seem too cheap to be real 800ct. i´ve seen some "600ct" that feel flacky before; thats why am asking for advice....

am a bit ocd when it comes to stuff like this, to the point i avoid certain fabrics, or clip inside tags on clothes (i cant stand them) or stitching in socks. i try to buy seamless tees and socks for that.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Agreed. Beds are for fvcking and sleeping. Whatever is on the bed, aside from whatever is being fvcked, should be of zero concern.
I recall the "hotel" room I had the first night in the Philippines. There was a bed sans sheets in one corner and a toilet that didn't flush on it's own with a bucket and ladle in the other.

I don't recall too much, but I don't think sleeping was involved.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I feel your pain buddy. My thoughts: don't buy online. Three sets of crappy, unreturnable sets say so.