Quantcast

The FAA SUCKS!!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok so I've been working on starting my aircraft sales company for a while. I got distracted recently and mostly gave up but have just started going at it again. Well, at the same time my dad is starting a business that involves training pilots by using an FAA certified full motion simulator (Redbird FMX). We both need the addresses of all pilots, student and non within a 100mi radius. So, I've been trying to contact the FAA for the past 3 weeks to get this "easy to obtain" information from them and all I get is answering machines and stupid automated menus.

WTF, why can't people just pick up the phone anymore? My favorite part was what happened tonight. I called a number given to me by somebody that works for the FAA. Well, of course there's 20 different options to choose from and I pick the one that I should....guess what...it give me a different phone number to call! I call that number and listen to the different options and amazingly....it gives me the number that I called before calling this one. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

No wonder everything that has to do with the government takes forever! This is bull s**t!!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Try dialing the number you have again but when the option menu come up again then keep pressing "0". It will usually direct you to a live operator (if one is actually working).

I also hate those stupid automated menus when calling businesses.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So wait, you want the FAA to provide you (for free) all the contact info of pilots so you can spam them, and you're confused why they aren't giving you better service?
Where in the FAA's mission does it say they are supposed to do this?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm not saying for free. I'll pay whatever but it is information that they will provide to other pilots. I get flyers in the mail all the time advertising to me about planes, etc.

Also, I've tried pressing "0." That does not get me anywhere either...all it says is "I'm sorry, I did not reccognize that, please try again."

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
In fairness, the FAA does indeed suck. It's a giant cluster f@ck.

The chairman just stepped down last month...he was busted for a dUI.

That said they are woefully understaffed and are operate under the principle "nothing get approved, no-one gets hurt".....or in the case of the US..."nothing get approved, we don't get sued".

So yes, compared to Transport Canada and EASA, the FAA does indeed suck. In fact our Transport Canada "guy" used to race BMX. He also got his kids into it and they all raced 24" together.....he's a pretty cool guy. I send him DH videos all the time.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Have you tried traditional means, like contact the Airline Pilots Association, other pilot associations, advertising at airports, putting an ad in Flying magazine, or going to your local FAA RDO (regional office) in person?

Or are you just waiting on Ridemonkey to fix it for you?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If you want marketing lists, you are definitely calling the wrong joint. You need to actually call your regional authority and find out what marketing companies aggregate data for your industry.

When it comes to getting advertising info, the FAA is the last place to provide that. A marketing aggregator will do all the work, run the bad addresses and phone #'s through 411 and USPS and filter out all the crap for you.

If you want marketing lists, you are definitely calling the wrong joint. You need to actually call your regional authority and find out what marketing companies aggregate data for your industry.

When it comes to getting advertising info, the FAA is the last place to provide that. A marketing aggregator will do all the work, run the bad addresses and phone #'s through 411 and USPS and filter out all the crap for you.
He can't afford it - spent all of papa's money on the flying bloat.