Quantcast

The fastest Downhiller ever

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just don't take him on long rides. My dog's hips are about shot from running him. But in all fairness, it wasn't me. He's pure crack cocaine with a fur lining and puts in 5 miles in the parking lot after the 8 mile loop in the back of my blazer on the way to the trail.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Ill take 3 to 1 on my boy Marley. He's already signed by irondog/alpo, and loves to build trail. His sister (Red) is retired, but has 4 national titles and one UCI world cup win. Get in the gate homie.

Attachments

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Aussie cattle dogs will run for days I guess its the Dingo xbreed.

Salty4X nice dogs I really like the markings on the red one.

As for hips mine has grade A hips no Hip issues in family for many years. Nto saying taking him for 20 k rides everyday will be a good idea.

These dogs are made to be trail dogs fast tuff and very smart. Be warned the first while with them can be hell.

PS Salty how old before you started doing trail riding with your dogs??

Mineis just 5 months, but its winter here so only trail running now.

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Last night he made a nice huck, top of a the 8 set of stairs in my house to the bottom full speed and drifted the carpet into his kennel didnt even touch the walls it was sweet.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
75 pounds of pure pea brained hyperactive lab/greyhound mix.

Jeremy R and Cecil can verify that I may own one of the fastest dogs on trail there is....but like I said..he retired so no challengers....
:thumb:

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
Aussie cattle dogs will run for days I guess its the Dingo xbreed.

Salty4X nice dogs I really like the markings on the red one.

As for hips mine has grade A hips no Hip issues in family for many years. Nto saying taking him for 20 k rides everyday will be a good idea.

These dogs are made to be trail dogs fast tuff and very smart. Be warned the first while with them can be hell.

PS Salty how old before you started doing trail riding with your dogs??

Mineis just 5 months, but its winter here so only trail running now.

I started running him short distances at about 8 months.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
yeah my dog's going through the "can't walk anymore" after a long running life

in all fairness, she's easily done something in excess of 70K miles. And she's 16 or 17 now, so she's done pretty well I suppose!

better to lead an awesome full life and die a year younger then lead a bored as **** stoked about a walk around the block life I think

esr

Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ontario,canada
Racerx is a aussie cattle dog, but they arenot for everyone they really require alot of attention meaning 5 or 6 hours a day. It just so happens im a therapist so I can bring my dog to work to work with patients etc.

If you are interested http://www.reddenblu.com/home2.html

these are the breeders you want.

Top level dogs breed well and smarter then most of there owners

[Tha]Shovla

Monkey
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow
The Aussie Cattle dogs are the Best but as stated before require a lot of running for a good 5-7 years. I owned 2 retired competition sheep herding Ausie cattles, both over 9, i swear you could tell the dog to sit at the top of the steps, leave the house for 8 hours and come back and find her in the same spot still sitting. very smart animals. have a ball and take him/her everywhere and anywhere you can, they love adventure. Advice though ... do not let the dog swim without a leash or supervision, the previous owner of mine told us that without a leash the dogs have the ability to swim and tread water until exhastion takes over and ... :( . just something i was told. Enjoy your new best friend.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i can tread water until exhaustion takes over and i drown...its not really an ability....just stupidity. that said, my dog was aussie cattle hearding mix, and she's pretty smat.

yeah, i said it, smat.