• Other...

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Outdoors:

Wood/Charcoal burning, Gas, Electric, other...

What do you have, what do you prefer, and why?

Back in SB, where i lived for 16 years, hardwood and hickory/mesquite burning was best, but here in Canada 98% of everything I've seen is Gas.

Gas is pretty boring, but still beats Electric (indoor and apartment).

I also used a 'fire pit' that was custom made in Texas, but I had to leave it behind - too heavy and nowhere to put it once I got back from Mexico...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Gas inside and out... my girl refuses to cook with electric inside and she wouldn't consider living any where that didn't offer gas.

As for outside, like SS, it's convenient.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Personally I prefer charcoal (briquette or chunk), with either hickory and/or apple woods for flavoring. Sometimes I will throw on a bundle of fresh rosemary on there also.

Gas with the same wood would be a distant second.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Gas indoors and out. I agree with those who say a wood fire is best but I am just not going to the trouble every time I want to grill something. A gas grill with a few wood chips gives good flavor, is easier to control, and means I can grill any day of the week.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Gas indoors. Propane most of the time outdoors, but for really good steaks and whatnot I like a good hardwood charcoal. For extra fast cooking and searing I use a converted welding torch, with a mix of oxygen and propane.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
OGRipper said:
Gas indoors and out. I agree with those who say a wood fire is best but I am just not going to the trouble every time I want to grill something. A gas grill with a few wood chips gives good flavor, is easier to control, and means I can grill any day of the week.
:stupid:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
wood, not charcoal. Charcoal doesn't have the same taste as wood. We use charcoal only when we don't want to make a special trip to get wood. Maybe one day we will have a gas grill but I doubt it. Although i bet the money we would ssave on wood would pay for the grill over time. that crap gets expensive.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Propane. We bought the grill from the previous house owners. It's old though and has really outlived itself. I need an upgrade.

Get a nice cheap grill at Lowes or Home Depot. Don't spend a lot since you will want to replace it in 3-4 years with a new one anyway.