Quantcast

The Fluidride Cup

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
I'm Def gonna try to make it to a couple of those PA races.
Hope to be at all the hood ones!

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Entries are:

$45.00 for DH
$20.00 for slalom
$15.00 for shuttle on Friday.

Sorry no discount for signing up for all. Still pretty cheap.

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Yeah it's pretty well priced. Only complaint we had at Willamette pass last year was if you had a seasons pass you still had to pay the lift ticket prices on race day and practice day..

I didn't mind cause they were having trouble staying open and if it cost a little more to keep it open and having races then...

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
No man I wish. It's a pricey trip, and I sacrificed not going back there to be able to plan on Ft. Bill, Andorra, and Val de Sol(sp?).
You're going I'm jealous...

I love it there and will miss seeing all our friends and sharing some victory Pisco!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
No man I wish. It's a pricey trip, and I sacrificed not going back there to be able to plan on Ft. Bill, Andorra, and Val de Sol(sp?).
You're going I'm jealous...

I love it there and will miss seeing all our friends and sharing some victory Pisco!
Lars your doin ft bill?

nice, im making the trek up there as well before i move. gonna do a little work behind the lens.

simon or anyone else goin as well?

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Good luck Lars - not sure what we can do from our remote location, but help's yours for the asking whenever you need it. Great job making it happen for the Pacific NW region.

MM, BFP and the MSC

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
No concerns from our end on conflicts - they're just a fact of life. There are only so many usable weekends. Let's make sure that we get our heads together this fall and we'll try to eliminate as many as we can for 2009.

Mike

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
How much for a license to race expert class for the series?
you have to get a usac or a NORBA license and if this is your first year racing I don't think you can just buy an expert license you would have to buy a sport and then ask your regional rep to upgrade you to expert. I think the expert license is 60 (30 for license and 30 for upgrade) and the sport or beginner license is 30. Correct me if any of those numbers are wrong

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
you have to get a usac or a NORBA license and if this is your first year racing I don't think you can just buy an expert license you would have to buy a sport and then ask your regional rep to upgrade you to expert. I think the expert license is 60 (30 for license and 30 for upgrade) and the sport or beginner license is 30. Correct me if any of those numbers are wrong
sounds right to me harry, i know my expert last year was 60-ish

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
YEp, USAC sanctioned, so you will need a license.
Sport and Beginner can buy a temp license.

FYI: Moto whoops have been installed in Pro Ex course.

Quick question on licenses - is a NORBA/USA Cycling license required for the FR Cup races?

I couldn't find the info on the FR Cup pages...

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle

Your prices seem high. I might be off.
I do know that you don't need an upgrade to race Expert. You have to buy an annual license, but you don't need any permission.
Sport and beg can buy day licenses.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
Your prices seem high. I might be off.
I do know that you don't need an upgrade to race Expert. You have to buy an annual license, but you don't need any permission.
Sport and beg can buy day licenses.
yes you do. you cant just buy an expert or higher level license. you need 3 top 5 sport finishes or a written letter to USAC online or talk to your regional rep to race expert.

then for semi-pro/pro you need the results and then the letter, excpet sometimes they automatically make you upgrade if your smokin the field.

anyways, yea a year license is about 60 bucks and you need to send in a request to upgrade to expert.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
yes you do. you cant just buy an expert or higher level license. you need 3 top 5 sport finishes or a written letter to USAC online or talk to your regional rep to race expert.

then for semi-pro/pro you need the results and then the letter, excpet sometimes they automatically make you upgrade if your smokin the field.

anyways, yea a year license is about 60 bucks and you need to send in a request to upgrade to expert.
Your right. This is new.
linky to USAC

You used to be able to self upgrade to expert.

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
I can't seem to find directions to the venue at Port Angeles, are they on the site? I'm coming from Vancouver BTW.
I'm guessing a UCI/Cycling BC licence will work fine?

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
Dry Hill is located approximately 3 miles west of Port Angeles on hwy 101.
Approx 3 miles past Albertsons grocery store on 101, turn left on Walkabout way, drive up 150 yards to Y, veer right through yellow gate.
Follow gravel road to parking, then follow signs.

Map here!
Star marks gate at Y.

UCI international license will work, however not even sure about cycling BC, don't think so though.

See you there!