Quantcast

The forbidden black box on top of my TV

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Well I did something really bad last night.
I hooked up the ultimate freetime killer. I re-connected my PS2. I've been trying to quit and haven't played in 3 months but then I saw a copy of Downhill Domination for 15 bucks and had to pick it up.

Anybody here play this game? I was hooked on Rally Racing games for a while but this one had me up late last night. It can be a bit silly but at least most of the companies are represented with real upgrades like Maxxis Minions, Boxxers, Marz Bombers etc. They even have Karpiel and Foes frames. If only real races gave you money for throwing water bottles are people.

I had to sneak in a quick MTNX race before work this morning. PS2 = :devil:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The only thing that keeps me having free time is that someone took my copy of DHD and I can't find it.

It's definitly addictive.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Video games are like electronic crack for me............. I don't allow myself near 'em any more. :nope:

-S.S.-

I disconnected mine, I'm such a lazy POS I stopped playing it because I couldn't be bothered to hook it up. Now that I've got Mountain Biking and Video Games combined, there goes the little bit of a social life I had left.

AHHHHH! I'm such a nerd! I actually got excited that I upgraded my enduro frame to a big hit!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Okay I'm a big dork too. At 25 I bought my first video game system in my life two days ago(my wife bought a nintendo 64 but I don't really count that one as mine because I really never got into playing Tetris and Dr. Mario) So how did I decide between xbox and ps2 you may ask? DHD was the deciding factor and I found it at Circuit city on sale for $14 and snatched it up. I'm enjoying it so far, I've got far too many other responsibilities to become addicted to it, but so far it's been a good way to kill a sunday afternoon. I guess I really do need to get one of those memory deallies, I've gotten a little bored with the free levels and I don't have the time (or skill) to play from the beginning every time I turn the little thing back on.

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
Yeh DHD is kicka$$ it helps to burn away hours that I could spend doing homework or writing papers but instead it is used to dissolve my brain winning downhill races, or playing NCAA 2005.

I feel so ashamed

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
SkaredShtles said:
Video games are like electronic crack for me............. I don't allow myself near 'em any more. :nope:

-S.S.-
damn right they are, i've been addicted before, i used to be a huge computer junkie, i managed to pull myself away from it for a few years but i'm afraid i may be addicted again, its so easy to fall back into old ways.
and with the release of GTA sanandreas only a few weeks away its only gonna make it worse, i'd better say goodbye to my social life. :help:

DHD is a good game but i got bored of it after a few weeks, found it a bit too easy and short but its always worth a good blast every now and then.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I don't dare give in to the allure pf the PS2 - my son brought his over a couple of months ago - I'd be a fat, lazy slob with bad BO in no time (well, more of a ...) if I had one around all the time.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
DHD is what gets me ready to step it up to the next level... Like just a month ago I was playing a hucked off a 100 foot cliff. I plan to do this same stunt next summer, although I am sure I can throw a few flips in it too. I will have to step it up and die.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
DHD is okay IMO, but definitely not my favorite. While some aspects are pretty cool, it makes me dizzy after a while, and it's to similar to every other snowboarding game. I think they should make a Whistler video game, but make it as real as possible, i.e. if you grab to much brake in a tight corner your front wheel slides out, you have to keep your weight back on steep stuff, etc. I'm thinking more along the lines of a smiulator, not a mere "game."