Quantcast

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
So I was driving home last week and I passed a Ford dealership that had like ten 2010 mustangs on display, all different specs. So I stopped just to take a peek because I was curious. They had this one GT with these classic mustang looking wheels, classic ribbed leather and steering wheel, standard tranny... all the trim was stripped off. It looked really nice actually. Something I haven't said about a mustang in years.

Salesman came out, chatted me up about it, showed me the inside which was pretty nice too for a change...then he had me start it up... sounded awesome so I said,"mind if I take it out"... and off we went. At first I was like, hell yeah, they fixed the mustang, then I started to put it through it's paces. Took it to a curvy back road... steering was numb and slow. Suspension was really soft and squishy for a sports car. Then I slowed way down, turned the traction control off and stomped the right pedal and it was like "BRAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" freaking fabulous noise, tire spin... YEAH!!!!! Then we started to move and the fun was over. The car sounded amazing as we accelerated, problem was that all that badazz V8 noise didn't equal badazz acceleration. Who is ford trying to kid? I seriously think my GTI with its 2.0 4 cyl could take the new Mustang GT.

Anyway, so they have really come a long way in the quality appearance department but they still don't know how to make a GT that can deliver it's power. The BMW 335s tha wet started in at M school felt way faster than the new mustang.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
I've seen that same phrase used on the package for a vibrator, so I wouldn't exactly say it carries much weight.
More from the brochure:
"Visual representation of power"
"Mustang aura is all about power & performance."
"aggressive sounding exhaust notes"

Nothing about ACTUAL performance... just performance auras, looks, essence of power, and sound of aggressiveness. Sounds about right actually... looks fast, sounds fast, but alas... not fast.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
2 sources / 2010 Mustang:

0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds. 1/4-mile in 13.9 seconds at 102 mph.
0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds. The quarter mile arrives in 13.7 seconds at 103.7 mph

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Saw it on the road last month. Too big of an car to interesting and to much chrome.
its really not the big of a car. its not like the Five Hundred/Taurus of a few years ago.
the new SHO is going to prove worth while. one thing Ford does right is the DI EcoBoost cars....totally awesome IMO.

and the Mustang V8 is a POS. hell the Camaro V6 has almost as much power as the Phord's V8

and they already tried that w/ Jaguar. :rofl:
:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
its really not the big of a car. its not like the Five Hundred/Taurus of a few years ago.
the new SHO is going to prove worth while. one thing Ford does right is the DI EcoBoost cars....totally awesome IMO.

and the Mustang V8 is a POS. hell the Camaro V6 has almost as much power as the Phord's V8

:thumb::thumb:
In order to get a Camaro with a V8 you have to step up to the SS. Didn't know that... $30k +

I guess they didn't need the V8 to get it in the 300s. Nice work Chebby.

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
and it also has 121 more horsies under the hood.
Yeah I noticed that. And on closer inspection it has independent rear suspension... a Camaro that actually handles... can it be? If GM can make a Cadillac that can run the ring faster than any sedan ever I wonder what this thing will do?

[EDIT]

Just found this... (8m20s) The Camaro SS managed to surpass cars like E36BMW M3 and Porsche 911 GT3.

THAT is impressive. I have driven the M3 that they are comparing it to at BMWs track and can say with out a doubt that is is quite fast and it handles VERY well... if the Camaro can beat it, for half the price... I'm sold.

Finally after all these years, a Camaro that works, hehe. GM has a bunch of my tax dollars... I should get a pretty good discount :p

Last edited: