Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
they should dial back their wheel sizes to the 16-17 inch range.

19-20 inch wheels are fvcking stupid.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Just found this... (8m20s) The Camaro SS managed to surpass cars like E36BMW M3 and Porsche 911 GT3.
So it beat a 1995 US spec M3 (that should have never existed) and that's impressive?

I don't know what GT3's your looking at, but there are only 2 platforms. With the slower, older, base model 996, which wasn't even offered in the US, @ 7:50...

Your 2.0 with a 5 speed should beat any older style V6 mustang driver on the road.

ojaiDH

Chimp
Jun 20, 2009
dream land
maybe some of you ford bashers should read some car mags some time, you'd find out the the 'stang beats the butt-plug-ero and challenger in most comparisons. (and no, I'm not a ford fan, I do miss my '88 5.0 though)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
maybe some of you ford bashers should read some car mags some time, you'd find out the the 'stang beats the butt-plug-ero and challenger in most comparisons. (and no, I'm not a ford fan, I do miss my '88 5.0 though)
Fat redneck chicks, pos cars, thrill machine, crabs, vibrator, and now butt-plug, this thread has it all.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Seems to me according to the spec sheet that the Ford not only puts down the power but uses it better than the 2010 SS Camaro and The Challenger, Only half a second slower than the SS at the Drag strip, .2 seconds slower to 60mph, Pulls more lateral G's than both cars (with narrower tires than the SS) and doing all of this on Regular gas, as opposed to Premium in the other two cars, pretty damn good considering it is doing all of this with....wait for it..........111 less horsepower than the Camaro essentially the Mustang hangs with the Camaro with 3/4 the horsepower.

Specs from Road and Track:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0903_2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_vs_2009_dodge_challenger_rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/specs_and_road_test_data.html
Shootout from Car and Driver where the Mustang wins
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2010_chevy_camaro_ss_vs._2010_ford_mustang_gt_2009_dodge_challenger_r_t-comparison_tests/2010_ford_mustang_gt_page_4

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
As neat as these cars are, it kills me to see how little usability they have. I know that's not the point of a mustang or camaro, shove it, but the camaro's narrow trunk opening means you can't fit a set of golf clubs through it. What genius came up with that idea? At least turn it into a hatch or something. If I'm going to shell out 30k$ I want a car that works AND is designed properly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As neat as these cars are, it kills me to see how little usability they have. I know that's not the point of a mustang or camaro, shove it, but the camaro's narrow trunk opening means you can't fit a set of golf clubs through it. What genius came up with that idea? At least turn it into a hatch or something. If I'm going to shell out 30k$ I want a car that works AND is designed properly.
#1 People don't buy sports cars for practicality.

#2 Rednecks don't golf.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I know that's not the point of a mustang or camaro, shove it,
#1 People don't buy sports cars for practicality.
thanks, pele. Neither the mustang nor the camaro is necessarily a sports car, and retardless, that doesn't mean they can't have an ounce of usability built in, amirite? Just because something is pegged as a sports car doesn't rule it out from being halfway practical. My 95 S6 has 225 hp and can fit 7 people or several bikes. Certainly GM or Ford can come CLOSE to something like that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You're right, the camaro and mustang are wanna be sports cars. Its the sports car for the average joe, because the average joe would kill himself in a real sports car.

You wanna talk sports cars and not being practical... I would barely be able to fit in a Lotus Elise.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
So it beat a 1995 US spec M3 (that should have never existed) and that's impressive?

I don't know what GT3's your looking at, but there are only 2 platforms. With the slower, older, base model 996, which wasn't even offered in the US, @ 7:50...

Your 2.0 with a 5 speed should beat any older style V6 mustang driver on the road.
Wow I didn't look at the numbers, I was just reading a review of the Camaro SS... ugh. What a bullsh!t review.

I just looked down to check the nurburgring lap times for several cars. I guess they didn't want to look at current cars cuz they were ashamed.

Lotus Exige - 8:25
Chevrolet Cobalt SS - 8:22 (WTF?)
Camaro SS - 8:19
Lexus ISF - 8:18
BMW M3 (V8) - 8:05 (this is the one I have driven)
Cadillac CTSV - 7:59
GT3 (06) - 7:42

Last edited:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
No one ever claimed the Mustang to be a "Sports Car," it actually defined its own genre of car. It was and still is designed to be a Jack of all trades, a master of none (except for sales and profitability). The past few months are the first time in HISTORY that Camaro sales have outpaced Mustang sales. I doubt that trend will make it through the year. The Mustang is still the best in its segment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am sure you will sit and snicker at the millions of people that have bought, will buy and want to buy that Genre as you ponder your next Vespa purchase. :thumb:
I am not now, nor will I ever be, interested in a Vespa. Just because I'm north of the mason dixon line doesn't mean I'm some metro f@g.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This thread is getting stoopid.

:(
Hey, what do you expect?
A thread full of middle age men and sport cars always = epic fail.
Funniest "hobby" ever, or should I say, "driving enthusiast.":bad:
If you are not getting a sports car and taking it to a track, WTF is the
purpose. Nobody wants to see your fat balding asses out on public roads
revving your engine and douching up the highways.
Play real sports, not trying to be the best at driving.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Doesn't have to be a track. I've got a friend who is big into rally cross too. But then again he designs carbon fiber car parts for a living.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I love having the extra horsepower just for driving around. makes merging, passing, and accident avoidance much easier. Not to mention the rewarding driving experience from just hooning about on empty back roads.

Don't you dare tell me I'm not allowed to have fun in my car. If you try and make that point, you better be using your bike only to get to work and never to ride on any road or offroad trail where you might pass a hiker, horse rider, or other biker going the opposite direction.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Hey, what do you expect?
A thread full of middle age men and sport cars always = epic fail.....
Play real sports, not trying to be the best at driving.
I have more fun driving up to the mountains than you do :p

I've got a friend who is big into rally cross too.

Oh geez, so you are being judgemental via a friend proxy... :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hab, I meant to post this in the other thread where you linked the Vandals....

But the last time I saw them at Warped tour (I wanna say '98 or '99) their singer (forget who it was at the time) decided to climb up on top of one of the main stacks in the middle of the stage. He then proceed to pull his shorts up into a faux man thong that wound up looking sort of like a wrestling unitard. From there he spun in circles on top of the amp, all while singing and spanking his own ass, before jumping from the stack into the pit. :twitch:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Hab, I meant to post this in the other thread where you linked the Vandals....

But the last time I saw them at Warped tour (I wanna say '98 or '99) their singer (forget who it was at the time) decided to climb up on top of one of the main stacks in the middle of the stage. He then proceed to pull his shorts up into a faux man thong that wound up looking sort of like a wrestling unitard. From there he spun in circles on top of the amp, all while singing and spanking his own ass, before jumping from the stack into the pit. :twitch:
That's unfortunate.

Their drummer has a great list of options for the purchase of his solo CD. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's unfortunate.

Their drummer has a great list of options for the purchase of his solo CD. :rofl:
The $75,000 option RULES:

# Signed CD/DVD and digital download.

# T-shirt**

# Come out on tour with me for a few days.

# I write, record and market a 5 song EP about you and your life story.

# Take home any of my drumsets (only one but you can pick which one)

# Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from TOOL's Lamborgini OR we play "quarters" and then hop on the Ouija board for a while.

# If you have a band, I'll join it for a month....play shows, record a CD together, have a swim party, etc.... or none of the above. We could also just sit in yer basement and jam old Van Halen.

# OR... If you don't have a band I'll be your personal assistant for a month (4 day work weeks....10 am to 5 pm) and then we take a limo down to Tijuana and I'll show you how it's done (what that means I can't legally get into here, right this minute). If you don't live in LA but are in the USA I will come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks.

# Take a Flying Trapeze lesson together in the San Fernando Valley and then Robin from NIN and his wife make us raw lasagna.