Quantcast

The Fort....................

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That food is the SHIZZ! :thumb:

My wife had the buffalo NY strip & I had the game platter - buffalo filet, elk chops, and a grilled quail.

For app we got pickled quail eggs wrapped in sausage. :drool:

Bottle of Argentinian malbec to wash it all down.

Dessert kicked ass too.

http://thefort.com/

Goddammit. Did I just use the term "shizz"??

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That quail-tard app sounds like an upscale version of the scotch egg, a wisconsin mainstay: hardboiled eggs wrapped in sausage, then deep fried.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how much was the wine? under $100 pp isn't too bad for a nice night out (3 course meal + vino).

i think the most i ever spent was about 350 euro for a 2 star restaurant in dublin about 2 months before we left for good...that's not gonna happen again anytime soon (although the food was unreal).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
how much was the wine? under $100 pp isn't too bad for a nice night out (3 course meal + vino).

i think the most i ever spent was about 350 euro for a 2 star restaurant in dublin about 2 months before we left for good...that's not gonna happen again anytime soon (although the food was unreal).
The recommended malbec was $27/btl. Their wine list had some very reasonable choices on it.

As well as a $4000 btl of '90 Bordeaux. I think it was Ch. Petrus. :eek:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
There was red chile in my wife's salad dressing. And I'm pretty sure there was some chile in the sausage they wrapped around the eggs.

Oh - there was also a chile chocolate cake on the menu, but we didn't get it. :D

Well, that makes it all better then... :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
SkaredShtles said:
10 times. Hell - with that killer $6 breadstick/salad/soup deal I could've gotten at least 15. Especially if I stiffed the waitstaff! :thumb:
The fact that most people mention the soup/breadstick/salad option whenever OG comes up is telling. Their sauces are terrible. At least go to the Macaroni Grill if you go to a chain for Italian food. :blah:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
berkshire_rider said:
The fact that most people mention the soup/breadstick/salad option whenever OG comes up is telling. Their sauces are terrible. At least go to the Macaroni Grill if you go to a chain for Italian food. :blah:
Their food sucks too. :p

I don't even like Maggiano's - it's purported to be a "fancy" Italian chain restaurant.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I was watching Unwrapped on the Food Network last night, and they did a segment on this place. Looks real interesting! Some of the food looked, uhhh...unique. Pickled oysters? Bone marrows? But I'd definitely plop down for a steak there.

So I said to MBC, "hey, SkaredShuttles posted a thread about that place." She said, "I thought it was SkaredSh!tless?" I said, "Nope." :D