Quantcast

The Fourcross Alliance

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Is fourcross racing under appreciated? It appears as though many racers believe so; as a result, an organization has been formed to support fourcross riders everywhere: the Fourcross Alliance!
---

Words by Zdenek Pol
Photo by Dave Peacock

Dear friends,

The conclusion from the first ever Fourcross Workshop held on May 1st 2009 in Houffalize was clear: the fourcross world is wasting a wide range of opportunities just because there is no official representative for our sport. After eight UCI 4X World Cup seasons it was about time to establish an official platform open to anybody involved in fourcross. The Fourcross Alliance! The constituting meeting of the Fourcross Alliance was held in Schladming, Austria on Friday September 18th 2009. Over thirty people including top riders, team managers, event organizers, track builders, bike industry people and also UCI delegates showed up.

Many ideas and suggestions were discussed there, from the smallest things to essential stuff. Some things could be done quickly, other ones need more time. Many of them don’t require any financial investments. True, most of the points are related to the UCI World Cups, but any of improvements originated from the 1st FA meeting are applicable to national series as well as any independent events.

The Fourcross Alliance board takes all the ideas and suggestions as a crucial base for our future work. Key points will be selected and consulted with responsible subjects. Detailed suggestions will be sent to the Mountain Bike Board at the UCI as well as to anyone who might be concerned.

Everyone interested in fourcross is heartily welcomed aboard. Join the Fourcross Alliance! All you need to do to become a member of the Fourcross Alliance is to send an email with your full name, e-mail address and your complete postal address to four-cross-alliance@googlegroups.com

We are fully at your disposal for any questions, ideas or suggestions.

Best regards,

Zdenek Pol | The Fourcross Alliance

Attachments

Last edited:

MFGuy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2007
I definitely think four cross is under-appreciated.

One thing that's great about four cross from a bike industry perspective is that it is really, really great for spectators. They like it. It brings visibility to the sport. Visibility also brings advocacy.

Ride on!

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I also this is GREAT!! This could potentially provide seriously needed support for the development of four-cross. I live in Nashville, TN, and the BMX scene and cross country mtb scene are both booming! There is so much room for crossover, but no 4x track to ride.

We are working on it, but need support, which an alliance like this could potentially lend. Thanks for the hard work guys!

NOTE: I just tried to send an email to the address listed, (I'm not quite sure how Google groups work), but it bounced it back to me with this message:

We're writing to let you know that the group that you tried to contact
(four-cross-alliance) either doesn't exist or you don't have permission to
post to it. There are a few possible reasons why this happened:

* You might have spelt or formatted the group name incorrectly.
* The owner of the group removed this group, so there's nobody there to
contact.
* You may need to join the group before being allowed to post.
* This group may not be open to posting.

If you have questions about this or any other group, please visit the Google
Groups Help Centre at http://groups.google.co.uk/support.

Thanks, and we hope you'll continue to enjoy Google Groups.

The Google Groups Team

Is there another contact email address for the alliance? Thanks!

Peterjems

Chimp
Nov 24, 2009
Hi Chris, I just checked your post and found the steps for registering. I just required some help to register and I think that I can complete the registranow. I will see if I am through the registration. Thank you for the help and keep up the good work. Stay connected.