Quantcast

The fruits of today's labor....

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Stopped by the Culinary Institute of America to do a photo shoot of a master pastry chef for a column I write every month. After a couple of shots, we were told to relax and suddenly this appeared for us (the picture doesn't do it justice at all!) :drool:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
McGRP01 said:
I hope it was you that took that pic and not your photographer cause it sucks.
Yeah, it does suck! Wanna come work for the magazine? It wasn't taken for publication, just for our own enjoyment. Personally, I think my pics are better, but I already do enough stuff around here and get paid practically nothing.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, it does suck! Wanna come work for the magazine? It wasn't taken for publication, just for our own enjoyment. Personally, I think my pics are better, but I already do enough stuff around here and get paid practically nothing.
Someone call the whaaaambulance. :rofl: ;)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
bluebug32 said:
Stopped by the Culinary Institute of America to do a photo shoot of a master pastry chef for a column I write every month. After a couple of shots, we were told to relax and suddenly this appeared for us (the picture doesn't do it justice at all!) :drool:

Lucky you! Looks fantastic!

Also, the irony of this statement isn't lost on me:

"to do a photo shoot" and "the picture doesn't do it justice at all!"

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Skookum said:
It's a shame that all that beautiful art got converted into poo....
Eat hot death, Skook.

It's not enough that we cooking fools gotta deal with people who like 'well done' anything - then there's people like you pointing out the [disgusting but accurate] obvious results of all our labors.

:mumble:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
bluebug32 said:
the photo shoot was with the chef. This food was just an extra bonus
It's bonuses like that that make it all worthwhile. I'm drinking a $130 bottle of wine right now cuz my woman got it free from the vendor. :D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
bluebug32 said:
the photo shoot was with the chef. This food was just an extra bonus
You need a real food photographer? Cause my services are available :)

Actually, off to a night shoot for one of our clients right now, free food and I get paid....sweet!

The Ito

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nobody said:
Eat hot death, Skook.

It's not enough that we cooking fools gotta deal with people who like 'well done' anything - then there's people like you pointing out the [disgusting but accurate] obvious results of all our labors.

:mumble:
What is this hot death you speak of? i like spicy...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SkaredShtles said:
Is it 13x better than a good $10 bottle? :D
It's amazing. Chewy even. Since it was free, it is infinitely better than a $10 bottle :blah:

See, as the limit approaches $10, n->yeah, you know me

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Can you get hot death take out? Man is it just me or is it stuffy in this thread? Maybe i'll just pass, i think i'd rather get a good burger.:oink:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
narlus said:
chewy wines in summer? should be served w/ braised short ribs and carrots, in front of a peat fire.

what's the wine?
it's a Super Tuscan... 2001 Camartina, Agricola Querciabella. We're gonna visit that winery next spring :D

And yeah, we're weird like that... chewy wine in Summer. Bring it on.

jdcamb said:
It's amazing. Chewy even. Since it was free....:drool:
Approved.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Skookum said:
Can you get hot death take out?
Nope. You gotta make reservations. Currently they are all booked up. But by the time you save up to eat there they should have something available.